[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

maybe it should be added to the guide so that a rookie like me would not have any problems with it :) just in case :)

maybe it should be added to the guide so that a rookie like me would not have any problems with it :) just in case :)

Same here also got stuck . The easiest step in my opinion after formatting data is just to reboot back into TWRP.. The commands etc can confuse people :)

Hello, user in help here.

I did everything step by step but something went wrong. I wanted to go from stable to beta so after running twrp I did the data format. now when i want to copy the rom file i have an error.

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb push rom.zip /sdcard
adb: error: failed to copy 'rom.zip' to '/sdcard/rom.zip': remote write failed: No space left on device
rom.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.3 MB/s (3284525472 bytes in 86.249s)

I'm still in twrp. what to do, please help
You are going to have to format your /sdcard, reboot reenter TWRP and copy the rom over from your PC and then flash it. You can not do a dirty flash when going from stable to beta.

I'm currently on 12.5.7 and used the fastboot method — will I have to do a factory reset/wipe if I wanted to go to 12.5.9 using TWRP?

Guys, please, explain, do I have to Inject TWRP on Advanced or not?
Or TWRP will be injected while flashing ROM?
I just can't understand it clearly.
And the question for me with this post
Where should I choose "Mount"? Is that through cmd-here?

I just want to avoid decrypting fail.
You don't have to inject TWRP because it's already included in Xiaomi.eu ROMs (made for your device). ;)

"Mount" => "USB" ; that's in TWRP's menus. :)

"Avoid decrypting fail" : I don't know what trigger this issue exactly but workarounds are available.

Reactions: MDN79
Ok, thanks!
I'll rather try to inject as it was described earlier as a workaround for decrypting issues.
In about 110 Hour will come my time)))

Reactions: Poney70
You don't have to inject TWRP because it's already included in Xiaomi.eu ROMs (made for your device). ;)

"Mount" => "USB" ; that's in TWRP's menus. :)

"Avoid decrypting fail" : I don't know what trigger this issue exactly but workarounds are available.
Workarounds are not always smooth and are sometimes a bigger problem that turn what should be a simple problem into a complex problem.

TWRP, wipe menu, select format, type yes to confirm then phone is formatted.
Copy new ROM to phone and install.
Or
Install new ROM, then go in to wipe menu and format. You will know if you are 8n right menu as you must type yes to confirm.

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_154240.jpg
    IMG_20210409_154240.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20210409_154310.jpg
    IMG_20210409_154310.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20210409_154347.jpg
    IMG_20210409_154347.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 201
Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked and Install Xiaomi USB drivers

New update:

Instructions to install Xiaomi.EU rom for Mi11/Pro/Ultra via TWRP

1. Download minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup and install. Note to install it straight into the C drive. At this time, there will be a Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C drive
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMeXu_DLkF1WlvRo__qy8ZNmm2WAmR3v/view?usp=drivesdk

Or shortened link: https://bit.ly/3oIeg1p

2. Download the TWRP file for Mi11/Pro/Ultra.
TWRP for MI11 venus
TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star
(Or check here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318170 )
3. Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img, copy the TWRP file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in drive C.
4. Download the Xiaomi.EU rom for your phone (find it yourself on the web). After downloading, copy the rom to the phone (should be in the root directory for easy finding later).
5. Put the phone into Fastboot mode (Power key + volume down key).
Run the file: "C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\cmd-here.exe"
Type the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
Tip => Use the TAB key to complete filenames in command prompt windows
Wait for the installation, the phone will automatically run into TWRP
6. On TWRP, Change the language of TWRP to English, by clicking the right button on TWRP and select English.. then OK.
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard
Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C

8. Install TWRP recovery to phone by: Select "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP". (wait for the device to install). Next time you want to enter TWRP, just press the power key + volume up (volume up). [Option]

9. Install the rom by on TWRP, select Install -> find the rom file mentioned in section 4.
10. After the installation is complete, wait for the device to restart (it takes about 5 minutes).
Update: TWRP currently does not support the "update-package" command. So after updating you still have to manually select the downloaded zip file to install. So having TWRP saves the need for a computer, but it's not available for OTA yet
(The device will not lose data if you are using XiaomiEU rom with the same version (stable -> stable, dev->dev))

Credit: miuiturkiye.net -> Big thanks to miuiturkiye.net
Installing Twrp Recovery
1. Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked.
2. Install Xiaomi USB drivers
3. Enable Usb debugging from Settings - Additional settings - developer options.
4. Download the TWRP installer and extract it from the rar file.
5. Download the TWRP file, extract it from rar and copy it to C directory (password: xiaomivn )
6. Double click the file "残 芯 专用 TWRPRecovery 刷 入 工具 Win 版 V2.0" in twrp-installation-araci.rar (password: xiaomivn )
7. From the section where it says Select TWRP file marked with number 1, select Show TWRP file you moved in C.
8. Turn off your phone and put it into fastboot mode by holding down the volume down and power keys.
9. Connect your phone in fastboot mode to your computer.
10. Click on the upload button marked with the number 2.
11. Your phone will boot into TWRP.
------------------------------
This loaded TWRP is a one-time install. So after exiting TWRP, it will return to the original recovery. To make TWRP permanent, change the language to English from the language selection, you can use the TWRP /Advanced /Onekey Inject TWRP option.
Features :
- ADB Sideload is running
- Data decryption works
- Debug is running
Zip password: xiaomivn
TWRP Upload tool: https://www.fshare.vn/file/YCGZDJBPC913
Mi 11 TWRP 3.5.1 Download: https://www.fshare.vn/file/WM7R2NU1A27I Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXHuuqxcjpFhEmCasl8_YY9aejt7uzDm/view?usp=sharing
Mi 11 Pro/Ultra TWRP 3.5.1 Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O5kugeQd8hAy2QSVFQSe5BGxffZQh4F0/view?usp=sharing
Thanks @deepblue2000 share link Google Drive.

Hi, I have used this method. Now the Mi 11 pro is stuck in fastboot. Does not take commands from CMD. This is what I did,

1. unlock phone from xiaomi
2. fastboot twrp
3. install twrp by single inject
4. wipe data, install rom I already copied to the internal storage.
5. phone has rebooted to fastboot mode. unable to turn off.
6. still detectable on MiFlash, but cannit flash global MI 11 ultra rom

please advise

Why guys do you still inject twrp? Just boot into twrp from fastboot,then Xiaomi EU has already twrp as base recovery,so no need to inject. Moreover, you have to format not wipe. Once into twrp you must press on format data and type yes upon request. After you need to boot again into twrp in order to let windows see your internal storage and copy the rom from your PC to the phone

Hi, I have used this method. Now the Mi 11 pro is stuck in fastboot. Does not take commands from CMD. This is what I did,

2. fastboot twrp

please advise
What error does it give you in MiFlash? What variant was your phone originally and which rom did you last have on it?

Reactions: reez1987
What error does it give you in MiFlash? What variant was your phone originally and which rom did you last have on it?

It's the Mi 11 pro with China Rom (latest) installed. Got it from China.

In MiFlash, it says unable to flash script

Are you able to report exactly what is written on the error message?

Inviato dal mio M2011K2G utilizzando Tapatalk

Are you able to report exactly what is written on the error message?

Says: Unable to flash ROM.

Any idea where I can get the mi 11 pro fastboot ROM- Global? Same one for Star/Ultra? Cannot seem to find anything else.

Says: Unable to flash ROM.

Any idea where I can get the mi 11 pro fastboot ROM- Global? Same one for Star/Ultra? Cannot seem to find anything else.
Are you using a fastboot version rom file? If not (because you are asking where to find) it's quite normal you get this error.

Are you using a fastboot version rom file? If not (because you are asking where to find) it's quite normal you get this error.

Yes. Used the one for Ultra (global). Shall I fastboot with official ROM or use Xiaomi.eu?

2. fastboot twrp

please advise

It sounds like you are getting an error due to anti roll back code. You need to download Notepad++ and edit the file(s) <flash-all.bat> to remove the anti-rollback code. When you open the <flash-all.bat> file in Notepad++, it is lines 4-11 I believe. Those lines may vary on which model you have and are flashing, but it will be at the top of the script. Just delete those lines and re-save. Now flash using the <flash-all.bat> file. You can also go into the Configuration tab of the MiFlash tool and remove the checkpoint entry. This will eliminate the checkpoint error some users have been getting, but it may not be necessary depending on which version of MiFlash you are using.