[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Did you first install version 21.2.3 after unlocking the bootloader? I just upgraded my mi 11 to the latest Chinese 12.0.22, and my unlock will be tomorrow and I thought of going straight to 21.2.3, so I asked above

I unlocked my BL on lastest chinese 12.02.22 then i installed 21.2.3

But you did the installation and didn't update right? And it worked normally?
Infact, i used windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat install ok but it reboot in fastboot mod, so i tried fastboot erease userdata it worked but same issue
So i tried the script for update rom and tada it worked

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-09-13-53-24-561_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-13-53-24-561_com.android.settings.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 193
I'm looking for some advice here, if someone can help, and apologise in advance if I'm asking stupid questions. I've ordered a Xiaomi mi 11 with a China ROM, I understand this comes with both Chinese and English. Will this continue to update and what's the advantage of upgrading to the EU ROM. If I do chose to upgrade to the EU ROM will this continue to upgrade as normal or will I have to do it manually myself each time. Sorry if these questions appear stupid and thanks in advance.
There are no dumb questions. Yes, the Chinese ROM can only speak Chinese and English. It is of course always updated. Vir recently just on 12.0.22.0. Switching to xiaomi.eu or the official Global ROM has the advantage that other languages are supported besides Chinese and English. There is also no Chinese bloatware whatsoever. Services that are only available in China will also no longer be available. Nevertheless, the Google play store can be installed on the original ROM and all Google services can be used without any problems, because the GMS core are already pre-installed. According to previous knowledge, the Google services will still be usable after the update to MIUI 12.5. Personally, I was on the road with the Chinese ROM for a few days, but then decided on the unlock and xiaomi.eu. Functions that are not even available in China Dev have been integrated into the very stable weekly.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 11 mit Tapatalk

Infact, i used windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat install ok but it reboot in fastboot mod, so i tried fastboot erease userdata it worked but same issue
So i tried the script for update rom and tada it worked
ok if it works now, this is good. but strange, that the update script just worked for you. maybe the devs should take a look at it

There are no dumb questions. Yes, the Chinese ROM can only speak Chinese and English. It is of course always updated. Vir recently just on 12.0.22.0. Switching to xiaomi.eu or the official Global ROM has the advantage that other languages are supported besides Chinese and English. There is also no Chinese bloatware whatsoever. Services that are only available in China will also no longer be available. Nevertheless, the Google play store can be installed on the original ROM and all Google services can be used without any problems, because the GMS core are already pre-installed. According to previous knowledge, the Google services will still be usable after the update to MIUI 12.5. Personally, I was on the road with the Chinese ROM for a few days, but then decided on the unlock and xiaomi.eu. Functions that are not even available in China Dev have been integrated into the very stable weekly.

Thanks for your detailed reply. So, as I understand this, upgrading from the China ROM to the EU ROM will strip it of unnecessary Chinese bloatware, enable full language support and full functions previously unavailable. Will it continue to update as normal though?

Thanks for your detailed reply. So, as I understand this, upgrading from the China ROM to the EU ROM will strip it of unnecessary Chinese bloatware, enable full language support and full functions previously unavailable. Will it continue to update as normal though?

If you mean that you get OTA (Over the Air) updates, than no. You have to do it manually via fastboot.

ok if it works now, this is good. but strange, that the update script just worked for you. maybe the devs should take a look at it

Yeah this seems to be strange. I want to flash my device tomorrow, but now I will wait until there is a fix.

Reactions: 1647838042
Yes, xiaomi.eu is updated weekly with a few small holiday breaks. The built-in OTA function reports the update to you. However, at the moment it is only possible to install the update via Fastboot. So far, a twrp is still missing. However, this is not a problem at all according to the instructions here in the forum. I have already updated twice since the second release. Everything went smoothly. Even root via Magisk is possible. The original boot.img is simply patched on the device with Magisk and then flashed from the PC via Fastboot into both partitions.

Last edited:
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Update China ROM to the latest via updater app first..
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file HERE
- If you are on windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update guide on the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

Hi, i followed the steps as you explained above but it's not working for me.. After i digit ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat it says that windows cannot find the file ..
How can i fix the problem??

I have just a quick question:
Should I activate OEM unlock in the developers setting before flashing the ROM? I can't find any hint on this, only DeepBlue2000 mentioned it a few pages before.

Reactions: 1647838042
Should I activate OEM unlock in the developers setting before flashing the ROM? I can't find any hint on this, only DeepBlue2000 mentioned it a few pages before.

Yes you need to activate OEM, activate USB debugging and add MI account. And then you will unlock the bootloader and then install the rom

After unlocking the bootloader you will need to go into developer options again and activate OEM unlock and USB debugging again

Reactions: SogeKing
I am still at the unlocking of the bootloader, I would like to flash the rom when this is stable and not fastboot

Hi, i followed the steps as you explained above but it's not working for me.. After i digit ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat it says that windows cannot find the file ..
How can i fix the problem??
But you unpacked the zip right?
You didn't just open it and click the bat?

Unzip, open cmd window as admin, navigate into folder, run script.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11

Reactions: Poney70
But you unpacked the zip right?
You didn't just open it and click the bat?

Unzip, open cmd window as admin, navigate into folder, run script.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11
Yes i unpacked the zip. I just did everything but then on the last step to download the rom it says that there is no file..
Can you help me please??

Hi guys,

Still pretty new to this,

Can I ask if Xiaomi EU version of MIUI have OK google from the lock screen?

I miss this function so much when you driving and things, but it's not available in China ROM

Can someone please confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Please provide screenshot of this
Here is what i did. I downloaded the eu rom, unzipped, then i opened power shell as admin and navigate into the folders and as you can see at the end i can't go ahead. I have never done staff like that before, I'm new on all this so am i missing something?? What i did wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210_164617_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210_164617_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20210210_164611_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210_164611_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 188
Here is what i did. I downloaded the eu rom, unzipped, then i opened power shell as admin and navigate into the folders and as you can see at the end i can't go ahead. I have never done staff like that before, I'm new on all this so am i missing something?? What i did wrong?

- Connect your device in fastboot mode
- open the rom folder and right click on an empty space while holding shift key
- click open command window here
Type "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" and hit enter

Na so you go run am ;)

EDIT: i see where your issue is.
From your 1st screenshot it is looking for the script in "c:/windows/system32"

You need to change your current directory to the rom folder directory
cd c:\users\giuli\downloads\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.2.3_v12-11-fastboot

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
probably a simple mistake: i get the Missmatching image and device feedback after running windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
and yes i checked for the correct rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.2.3_v12-11-fastboot

So what am i doing wrong? Unlocked succesfully, i am on Chinese Rom MIUI-V12.0.22.0.RKBCNXM. Developer Options are showing Unlock Status unlocked and i also aktivated USB debugging again.
On my WIN10 device is shown in hardware manager as Android Bootloader Interface. I was running powershell as admin and tryed to run the .bat from C:

any ideas?

Hello, you don't change your current directory with the " dir " command. You should use " cd " command. ^^

Reactions: geoorg