[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Hi

I just installed my first ROM yesterday so please take this with a grain of salt lol. The OPs question and your reply reminded me of something I read in the guide before installing my weekly ROM last night.

I thought it said that you would be notified of a new build via the updater app and it would download it for you, but as a fastboot file not a recovery file. Then you transfer that to your computer and then do everything else described

(you can of course just skip the transfer wait time and download from PC to begin with, I'm more just curious if what I read is in fact true and it's just a handy delivery method for the latest fastboot build or if I should never click "update" or "download" if promoted by the system update app)

Thanks!
-Seb
The ota works on .zip ROMs but as we are still using fastboot, you will have to wait until an official TWRP is available. Once it is, the EU Devs will stop fastboot and start .zip ROMs.
Usually the ota works from Saturday night ish. Hopefully not too long now.
Of course this is for Xiaomi EU ROMs or other custom ROMs, global, EEA or stock Chinese, the ota works out of the box.

Reactions: Poney70
21.5.20 MI11 TWRP image is released
(googledrive mirror in my signature)

Now you can flash your Mi11 as usual.
Wait till the thread gets public with the TWRP and installation instructions

Reactions: RoughNeck1971

where is the twrp ? Version ? It`s the 3.5.1.0 ?? from XinKids ? I use this twrp only for flash magisk, other is a very hi Risk

Ich kann deine Signatur nicht sehen. Kannst du es nicht direkt verlinkten?

Gesendet von meinem Mi 11 mit Tapatalk

Since weekly 21.5.20 and Stable 12.5.7.0, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11, MI11Pro/Ultra..

TWRP install via fastboot command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus
TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star

For install ROM, just select Install - ROM zip - reboot

Since weekly 21.5.20 and Stable 12.5.7.0, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11, MI11Pro/Ultra..

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

no need to do like the one in xda .. to click advance/one time inject? thanks

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

TWRP for MI11 venus

Perfect installation from twrp, after installation it is still there, only it does not save the selected language and you have to put it again, but great achievement, thank you very much.
b7aa9faecfe9d58dc78ee63554020885.jpg

Enviado desde mi M2011K2G mediante Tapatalk

no need to do like the one in xda .. to click advance/one time inject? thanks

it is decrypted and directly usable like any other twrp, USB-OTG does not work and neither does sideload, it would have been better to wait for a new version that supports Android 11 100%

Hello,
i tried to install weekly roms on my MI11 threw TWRP.
I did a normal " wipe " (not system)
i "munt" usb to transfer xiaomi eu rom.
I started the install.
The phones reboot
Bootloop on TWRP.
Check for munt data USB.
No data found.
Hopefully i could try threw fastboot with stable xiaomi eu and it works.
Dont know what happened.

Sorry, but I don't understand how to install the new TWRP for Mi 11, any help please?

You need ADB

and use the command

tried to install the stable 12.5.7 zip file in twrp and it just bootlooped and deleted everything ? wtf?

Hello,
i tried to install weekly roms on my MI11 threw TWRP.
I did a normal " wipe " (not system)
i "munt" usb to transfer xiaomi eu rom.
I started the install.
The phones reboot
Bootloop on TWRP.
Check for munt data USB.
No data found.
Hopefully i could try threw fastboot with stable xiaomi eu and it works.
Dont know what happened.
Hast the Same issue
Factory reset 3 times or more, Everytime reboot.
But somehow it don't rebooted into recovery and it worked

tried to install the stable 12.5.7 zip file in twrp and it just bootlooped and deleted everything ? wtf?

were you already on a xiaomi.eu rom before this or were you just running normal stock ziaomi rom?

assuming you were already on a xiaomi.eu rom, as i was keep reading

i just successfully did the newest weekly install via TWRP so i will give you my steps as im sure they would be the same for the stable

-download twrp for mi 11 onto pc
-download latest weekly rom onto mi 11 internal storage and copy to pc or vice versa, keep both copies in both places

((EDIT: i dont know if it was necessary to transfer the rom zip to the pc or extract it, this is only my second xiaomi.eu install so i was just trying to follow steps, but you may have been able to rename the twrp file to twrp.img and opened a powershell from directly within the twrp folder and did the fastboot command from there, im not savvy enough with how fastboot works so i just kind of mirrored what i did to install the weekly rom via fastboot last week up until that step)

-turn on usb debugging
-turn off phone, go into fastboot mode, connect to pc
-extract the weekly rom zip (checking the properties first to see if the "unlock files" checkbox is available, it wasnt for me, check the box if available
-copy the twrp image file and paste it inside of the extracted weekly rom folder
-(i renamed mine to "twrp.img" for ease of typing in powershell)
-shift+right click in ampty space in the folder and open powerhell window here (or cmd window)
-type "fastboot boot twrp.img"
-this will put twrp on your phone and it will reboot into the twrp
(you may now disconnect phone from pc)
-click the lower right chinese button and select english and click the ok button (its in chinese but its the only button you can click and its where the "ok" button should be)
-twrp is now in english.
-select "Install"
-navigate to the downloaded location of the unextracted weekly rom zip folder, mine was just in downloads
-select it
-check the box that says reboot after install, i left the box for "verify zip signature unchecked
-twrp does some things and after a few minutes, phone rebooted into newest version with no loss of settings or data.
-turn off usb debugging if you wish
-youre done.

Last edited:
Flashed successfully from stock 12.5.4 to TWRP 12.5.7.

Unlock phone, boot phone to fastboot mode. Fastboot boot twrp.img to TWRP, but TWRP refuse to let me transfer file from Windows to phone storage even though it's detected in Windows, tried usb debugging on/off, mount, adb sideload in TWRP couple of times. Was forced to boot back to stock rom to transfer the ROM file first.

Once boot into TWRP, install 12.5.7 zip. After that, I format data just to be sure as the log didn't show if it does it automatically and someone says they bootloop, also risk losing the installation file here doing that though.
Phone boot fine to setup, power off.

Volume up + power, boot to TWRP. At this time, phone let me transfer file from Windows in TWRP, install the magisk23.0 apk.
Root successfully.

Will wait for more confirmation no data will be lost for updating existing fastboot EU ROM to the 12.5.7 EU ROM.

Don´t know about the others but i was so happy on updating by fastboot my Mi 11. I am not a big fan of TWRP because my old Mi 10 and all the Safety Pass problems.
But if you did this way, i am sure that´s why it is better then fastboot roms.
Thank you for your big work.

Just flashed with TWRP, was stuck at MIUI screen for a long while. Not sure if it was coincidence but as soon as I plugged my usb cable my lock screen showed up.

Last edited: