Help in choosing mid-end droid phone

Shashwat

Members
May 20, 2012
Well I am planning to get an android phone. Since I am a student I don't really need off the shelve and out of box multicore processor or some gimmicky stuff that adds to the price, what I am looking for is -

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15-20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT / LED / AMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None in particular

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required at least 5MP camera. Flash. With better sensors.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G. / Wifi/ GPS/ Bluetooth

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Music, Sports - Tracker, Reading , Application development.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Sony Xperial Sola,
Good looking with ample processing power.
Modding support. MIUI
More than fast web browsing.
Music and videos
Sports Tracker heavy usage http://www.sports-tracker.com/

That are the only primary need that I have, if the phone can render pdf that will be beneficial but i don't like sluggish rendering. I am buying the phone for learning purpose (droid ecosystem) and development of apps.

I dont have ample money in my hand nor I want a high end phone. My current phone Motorola WX260 (999 bucks) serves me good. have no real contrainst for screen size but it shouldn't be too big to carry.

Budget is max 15-20k INR (~$350) that I can arrange.

Other than that I don't know what to expect. Not particularly looking for good cam and all, just more than decent music and web support with ample processing power.

Some phones that I like are - HTC WIldfire S, Rhyme and defy (not particularly but decent).

That should suffice I guess , please do suggest me a decent phone.

Regards

Galaxy Nexus.

Best phone that is secure, strong and not too much. If you want a lot of stuff. Go for the HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S3.

Defy is the best of what you mentioned. Take a look at Huawei Honor. I'm on that, and it's great.

Otherwise, seeing as it's going down in price, take Desire S (more RAM than above ones) and OC the CPU