HONEST opinion on Xiaomi 13/pro

Ibby93

Members
Feb 2, 2023
Hi All,

Thoughts on xiaomi 13 / pro , is it buggy with Miui14? any random issues? is it durable? trying to gather some Info to decide if worth a upgrade.

Xiaomi 13 has everything you would expect from a powerful phone in a compact design. It has a beautiful and smooth OLED display for everyday use and a flagship chipset to power the phone. Camera takes good photos in different lighting conditions and doesn’t burden you with its lightweight design.

Reactions: Spookie
Had Mi 10 Ultra with EU rom which I was impressed with, currently sat with Oppo Find x5 Pro as daily driver... but its become a bit "boring". Seriously tempted by 13 Pro, but can't find many comparisons which would warrant paying the extra. Anyone able to persuade me?

I personally had enough, and switched back to the Samsung's S23. noticed the Mi 11 ultra turned into a projectile when dropped probably due to the uneven weight distribution, makes it more likely to crack its screen. Coupled with all the work arounds to make alot of apps to work. Will miss the super charge though.. :(

I'm stuck now. The global version is due for imminent release, but at £200+ more than Chinese version.
Being as I would be putting EU rom on it anyway, the only difference I can imagine would be B20 and perhaps the warranty.
Should I order the Chinese version, or get Global? I'm not sure I can justify the huge difference in price.
One of the main reasons is getting call recording as standard. Does the EU rom provide this? I'm guessing this will disabled on Global in UK.

Reactions: Shahar1997
I'm stuck now. The global version is due for imminent release, but at £200+ more than Chinese version.
Being as I would be putting EU rom on it anyway, the only difference I can imagine would be B20 and perhaps the warranty.
Should I order the Chinese version, or get Global? I'm not sure I can justify the huge difference in price.
One of the main reasons is getting call recording as standard. Does the EU rom provide this? I'm guessing this will disabled on Global in UK.
Same, price in global is just too high, currently I'm with mi 10 pro, amazing phone, need a really good reason to buy a new one

Reactions: newgolfer
I have the mi 10 pro aswell and waiting for the price to drop. Here in Germany I can get the mi13 for 785€. But still a bit expensive for my opinion. Under 700 I will buy it.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Honestly, 13 pro is my first Xiaomi phone. I am so disappointed that I want to return it, the bad thing is that i purchased it from China. I had huawei mate 20 pro, used it from the date it rows our. More then 4 years. Huawei was comfortable, responsive and software was super effective and usable. Xiaomi is the opposite, software is just crap, everything has to be tweaked,not to mention the display, the touch is so none responsive, I am doing mistakes for every world i write. This is not a flagship phone, it is pure Chinese crap. The only good thing I found for xiaomi is this forum. Thanks for the Chinese free software, still it js bad, but it is not your fault. I have also xiaomi s1 pro, supposed to work and sync with the phone, but nope. Every 15 min you have to open the app and click sync. You get only phone calls and sometimes notifications. Application is running in background with all permissions and no restriction for battery optimization. Go with Huawei if Google is not required for you, else samsung or some other trusted brand.
I forgot to mention, i have freeze every now and then when using chrome.

Touch is so bad, that I had to rewrite every sentence. Touch screen is awful, it is worse then Nokia first touch screen i had. Why this phone cost so much. Damn I am so sorry and irritated.
Oh using loud speaker is also awful, mic quality is pure and the opposite side can't hear me well.

Last edited:
If you consider my comment, no i am not a troll. Trying to save more people from this crappy phone. Global ver can be better, one more downside with Chinese, you do not have B20 Lte band, which means poor signal in urban places in Europe. I had already issues, my wife's Iphone was with full Lte+volte, mine was dropping signal. For Europe = no Chinese version. Hope for global touch also is responsive and working as expected. Mine Chinese version is just so bad, I would like to brake it in the wall.

I live in the US. I was in Dubai last week and decided to buy a Xiaomi phone. I have always read about them online but was never in a position to buy one until last week. I wanted the 13 Pro but it was sold out everywhere I went. I ended up with the 13. The software will take some getting used to on my end. It is smooth though. I like the build quality of the device. I have a weird bug where the Always On display isn't consistently showing despite it being set to Always in the settings. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could use to make the experience better?

I just bought a global version of fuxi and waiting now 168h for unlock and reflash. the global rom os full of s**t

I live in the US. I was in Dubai last week and decided to buy a Xiaomi phone. I have always read about them online but was never in a position to buy one until last week. I wanted the 13 Pro but it was sold out everywhere I went. I ended up with the 13. The software will take some getting used to on my end. It is smooth though. I like the build quality of the device. I have a weird bug where the Always On display isn't consistently showing despite it being set to Always in the settings. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could use to make the experience better?
If you're on the stock/factory/official Xiaomi ROM/OS, you're in the wrong place.

This is the forum for the custom Xiaomi.eu ROM

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

If you consider my comment, no i am not a troll. Trying to save more people from this crappy phone. Global ver can be better, one more downside with Chinese, you do not have B20 Lte band, which means poor signal in urban places in Europe. I had already issues, my wife's Iphone was with full Lte+volte, mine was dropping signal. For Europe = no Chinese version. Hope for global touch also is responsive and working as expected. Mine Chinese version is just so bad, I would like to brake it in the wall.
Not sure what you installed as ROM but I purchased one for my bro living in France from China (I m Chinese resident), installed the XIAOMIEU STABLE ROM and it work flawless, none of what you described is happening.

As for my self, I am also using the XM 13 PRO with the STABLE Chinese rom, just a beauty, best phone I have ever had (I have IT background that helps me to understand the value I am buying).

Cheers~

AD

Thanks for the info @AD, can be faulty unit or badly calibrated display. I have started a claim for fix/replacement. Still software wise it is far from perfect, even crap, integration with Xiaomi watch is just awful and do not work, you have to sync every 1-2h, and all recommendations are followed, no battery restrictions, app is in the background and just do not work.
Random issues with apps. For example iLife app do not work( no wi fi detected), i had to set it up with my old phone. For this money it was expected to work, but it acts like cheap Chinese phone. Samsung phones , Iphones, Huawei devices and their watches just work as expected, here it is crap. For me even if the display works as it should be, this is far far far from premium device. I am sure soon the price will reduce drastically. For Xiaomi fanboys and gamers, probably will be ok. For normal users, with IOT devices it is definitely a no go.

I tried all the Roms, currently I am with last stable EU and I have the same issues, software wise, at the end it is same rom with Chinese blootware removed. With EU Rom camera app do not have animation on selfi and issues with beauty filter(do not work and app crash). If you want to be a tester and waste time to make normal things work this phone will be a good choice.

Regards,
N

Dude, I m with xiaomi since Mi6. Every phone was great. You must have some faulty hardware. I can't explain why you have such a bad experience

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Anyone who uses android Auto in wireless mode?
the phone simply can't connect to it.
|Xiaomi 13|

Not sure what you installed as ROM but I purchased one for my bro living in France from China (I m Chinese resident), installed the XIAOMIEU STABLE ROM and it work flawless, none of what you described is happening.

As for my self, I am also using the XM 13 PRO with the STABLE Chinese rom, just a beauty, best phone I have ever had (I have IT background that helps me to understand the value I am buying).

Cheers~

AD
Sorry for the late reply but I had an update and my issues have been resolved. I haven't installed a custom ROM yet. Everything is stock.