How no MHL support? :( WCDMA version

Edo Yehezkel

Members
Feb 18, 2014
Hey,
I just got the MI3 WCDMA 2 days ago (Replaced my Galaxy s i9000) and the differents are amazing!
Fast,Full hd screen,good screen size.
But 2 things I noticed that was bad,
The camera is so bad,My I9000 can take better pictures,How that can be? On the paper the tech specs of the camera are great but it seems to shot bad quality pictures.

Now to the most important thing,On most of the sites when I read about the WCDMA version I saw its support MHL!
When I got the phone and I tried to connect it to my projector or either my TV nothing happened!
then I came here to the forums and I just saw that there no MHL support on the MI3 when on the MI2S it had support!
Why the hell Xiaomi did that?
older phones like atix,galaxy s2 can support MHL and that phone,The most advanced smartphone I ever saw doesnt support that amazing feature when the CPU of course can support it?
Can someone tell me why they did it or if there maybe would be in the future a workaround?
I tried also adding the ro.hdmi.enable=true on the build props but nothing happened..
Thanks!

not yet implemented in the ROM
this function will be added in the next releases ?
when we don't know maybe the version V6
the MI3 rom is under developpment and not finalized
same as the trouble with the camera hardware is good but software is not optimzed
we had the same situation with the Mi2 at beginning

Oh the MI2 didnt support the MHL and only after while it got supported? If yes then its amazing news!
Also if the camera will get optimized it will be great as right now when I take pictures they are really bad which on the paper shouldnt be with that camera,Anyway right now I broke the screen and didnt know hot to replace it so it will take me a month to get the phone back..Until that I hope it will change ;D

For your Screen bad news , i replaced one on my Mi2

About the Mi3 , this device is quite new , i hope the screen is available in the market
make a search in aliexpress

you will be able to replace it from your side
i did it on the Mi2 is very simple, there is some you tube videos how to disassambly the mi3
Good luck !

there no any video to disassamble that phone..
I already bought a screen from spemall in the day it got broke,
I took all the screws..Took motherboard out disconnected everything and came to a situation there I had only the screen with the frame and I didnt find any screw to take out the screen from the frame and only after I returned it I understood from galaxy s4 replace screen video (MI3 and S4 have same look) that in order to get out the screen you need to use heater and then get out the screen..Didnt know it and well...Welcome back for now Galaxy s1 ;<