How to delete redirection to homepage.miui when using browser

Tom Mat

Members
Oct 28, 2023
Hi,

When I type anything in the browser from the bottom a search bar appears (with 4 icons for weather, translate, news and youtube) and automatically redirects me to homepage.miui upon clicking. I cannot even see the search results from chrome because it's "eclipsed" by this new bar.
I have tried many things from cleaning to uninstalling updates but nothing helps, how to remove this?

Version miui 12.5.15.0
Redmi Note 8 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-26-17-23-13-588_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-26-17-23-13-588_com.android.chrome.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cycy03
Problem resolved by deactivating sharing data in keyboard settings.
What is the path to find this setting ? I tried the Manage keyboards> Gboard settings> Privacy> Share usage statistics and deactivated this one but it didn't seem to work. What is the setting that worked for you?

What is the path to find this setting ? I tried the Manage keyboards> Gboard settings> Privacy> Share usage statistics and deactivated this one but it didn't seem to work. What is the setting that worked for you?
When you start typing something in Chrome, you can see a symbol consisting of 4 small squares above the keyboard on the left side - you type on that symbol, then go to "more", then "enter", then "advanced" at the bottom of the list, then you deactivate 3 options at the end of the list (share data, recommendations, search for suggestions). Hope it works for you!