How to do a clean flash?

RikVe

Members
Oct 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a mi 9 and I want to clean flash the stable miui 11 ROM. I have read on multiple sites about how to do this but they said different things:

- One site said to do a factory reset (but I remove my zip files as well?)

- Another site said to just wipe my dalvik/cache/data

- And another said told me to absolutely NOT wipe the data

I hope someone can explain to me how to perform a good factory reset.

MIUI EU
1. Wipe data, dalvik, cache
2. Install ROM (custom)
3. Remove the encryption, you can navigate to factory data reset, and type YES, or simply flash some zip (I don't remember) to bypass the encryption

Internal are optional, but do keep in your mind, wiping it will caused the storage to be emptied. Make sure to do some backup on important things.
Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
MIUI EU
1. Wipe system, data, dalvik, cache
2. Install ROM (custom)
3. Remove the encryption, you can navigate to factory data reset, and type YES, or simply flash some zip (I don't remember) to bypass the encryption

Internal are optional, but do keep in your mind, wiping it will caused the storage to be emptied. Make sure to do some backup on important things.
Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I am going to try that, but what do you mean with step 3? Never had an encryption?

Reactions: laravel_369
Encryptio
Thanks! I am going to try that, but what do you mean with step 3? Never had an encryption?

Our /data partition are encrypted due to prevent our data lost, hence prevent our data leaked to the theft for example, for short, that is some of security feature, but if you're not facing that issue, you may proceed to step 1 and step 2..

Happy flashing! ^0^

Encryptio

Our /data partition are encrypted due to prevent our data lost, hence prevent our data leaked to the theft for example, for short, that is some of security feature, but if you're not facing that issue, you may proceed to step 1 and step 2..

Happy flashing! ^0^
Thanks!

MIUI EU
2. Install ROM (custom)

Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Are you 100% sure of those steps?...

If i remember right, after you format data you will have to reboot recovery... and with system wiped you will be stuck on fastboot mode, not beeing able to enter recovery mode.

I might be wrong, please confirm.

Are you 100% sure of those steps?...

If i remember right, after you format data you will have to reboot recovery... and with system wiped you will be stuck on fastboot mode, not beeing able to enter recovery mode.

I might be wrong, please confirm.
For the 3rd steps, yes, need to reboot to recovery again. I missed that part. But with all the wiped partition as I mentioned above, your custom recovery won't be lost and can be access even without OS. Thanks for the reminder! ^^

Encryptio

Happy flashing! ^0^
Thanks for your help, I have now installed miui 11. There was no encryption with the rom!

Thanks for your help, I have now installed miui 11. There was no encryption with the rom!
i know this is kinda out of the topic but

how is the miui 11 on the mi 9? i also have a mi 9
i just want to hear ur personal opinions on the rom
how is the battery life by the way?

MIUI EU
2. Install ROM (custom)

Hope this helps.

Best of luck!
Those steps are also for a clean beta release?

i know this is kinda out of the topic but

how is the miui 11 on the mi 9? i also have a mi 9
i just want to hear ur personal opinions on the rom
how is the battery life by the way?
As per checked on the other user which posted about Mi9, it seems like they having some issue with battery drainage. However, you may check the latest version and give the feedback :)

These steps is applied to install weekly rom? Because it lost all setting's\apps.

If yes, there is any way to backup miui\app's setting's?

Thanks