How-to install global "Themes" app

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello!

Here you can download and install global "Themes" app on xiaomi.eu ROM if you want it. ;)

IMPORTANT: In global version, you can only download "Themes" and "Wallpapers".

INFO: You can't update the app with the "internal" updater in app settings, on xiaomi.eu ROMs.

N.B.: If you get "Can't connect to network", disable the "HTTPS filter" option for Themes app, in your AdBlocker app (or disable the protection for the Themes app, completely).

--- Root method preferred ---

Latest version: 1.6.4.11:

= Root =

Magisk module (to install in Magisk app)
MIUI-Global_Themes_v1.6.4.11-Magisk.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------

= TWRP =

zip to install in TWRP
TWRP_MIUI_Global_Themes_1.6.4.11.zip

==============================================

Previous version: 1.5.9.13:

= Root =

Magisk module (to install in Magisk app)
MIUI-Global_Themes_v1.5.9.13-Magisk.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------

= TWRP =

zip to install in TWRP
TWRP_MIUI_Global_Themes_1.5.9.13.zip

=========================

Feedbacks are welcome! :)

Last edited:
Thx, but I managed it for myself.
(changed apk in TWRP manually)

But with the global app, most themes are premium and you have to watch a video to download a theme. (for me no videos were played cause of adblocker)

So I use now ThemeManager.apk 1.6.3.1 from the xiaomi.eu rom from 20.3.26

Last edited:
It tells me that themes from third parties are not allowed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-11-16-54-15-441_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 4,296
What do you think - would it be possible to cheat the system and for example: clone the application so that have 2x themes - from the Chinese version and from gobal rom?

What do you think - would it be possible to cheat the system and for example: clone the application so that have 2x themes - from the Chinese version and from gobal rom?
Possible? Maybe... but I don't have enough knowledge to do that. ;)

Is there any way to flash the default "milan pro" font? I flashed it, but app names go away, there is no writing in settings and themes app cant apply it.
Don't know, it changes from one device to another due to TWRP compatibility issues with Android 10.

For mi 10 with miui 12 stable twrp variant doesn't work. The magisk variant is fine but I don't want to use it.

Hi, is there a way to use both theme apps? I ask this because I understand each app access a different repository of themes, is this correct? Could the package name be changed or something like that?

Also, after a theme is downloaded, can I extract the mtz file?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, is there a way to use both theme apps? I ask this because I understand each app access a different repository of themes, is this correct? Could the package name be changed or something like that?

Also, after a theme is downloaded, can I extract the mtz file?

Thanks in advance!
Clearly you forgot to read the thread before posting on it. I answered that question just a few replies up. Not possible.

Reactions: JiaiJ
I know they have the same package name, but, can one of them be changed to a different package name and still works? That was the intention of the question really xD or something like that, or some way to run two apps with same package name on Android.

Also, I have a second question on my post, this is, where to find mtz files for downloaded themes, if they are available. But I already saw it on other post, I believe they are in system/media/themes.

Thanks!

I know they have the same package name, but, can one of them be changed to a different package name and still works? That was the intention of the question really xD or something like that, or some way to run two apps with same package name on Android.

Also, I have a second question on my post, this is, where to find mtz files for downloaded themes, if they are available. But I already saw it on other post, I believe they are in system/media/themes.

Thanks!
Nothing downloaded can be stored on system, it's a read-only partition. Only root can override that. Themes downloaded via the Themes app are not storred as mtz, they are in an unpacked form in MIUI folder on internal storage.
It's not possible to have two apps with the same package name. You can try decompiling and changing the package name, then recompiling, and you'll have to resign the APK with a non-official signature. Might work, might cause conflicts with the other app, either way it's nothing we would do on our ROMs.

Thanks for the post but how should I install it in twrp? Explain to me please, thanks

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Please someone to tell me the name of this theme, I installed it and I loved it, then acruialize miui 12 and it was deleted, I do not remember the name to reinstall it, I already looked for it in the miui themes app but I can't find it , I do not remember the name. I would thank you a lot.

Reactions: joy427