How-to install global "Themes" app

Thanks for sharing this. I used the magisk module and everything worked fine, but then I decided to disable it to go back to the other chinese version, but the app won't work, any idea why?

Reactions: Daviusf92
Thanks for sharing this. I used the magisk module and everything worked fine, but then I decided to disable it to go back to the other chinese version, but the app won't work, any idea why?
Hello, try to wipe "Dalvik" cache in TWRP then reboot your device. :)
Ifi it still not working, reinstall your actual ROM version via TWRP. ;)

No, all links are working. If you can't access MEGA website, try to change your DNS (Use CloudFlare DNS by exemple). ;)

But when you press download on non-root error it gives you "Temporary error, retrying." Magisk version works for download just fine. Please help!

EDIT: Now it says "The file you are trying to download is no longer available."

Last edited:
But when you press download on non-root error it gives you "Temporary error, retrying." Magisk version works for download just fine. Please help!

EDIT: Now it says "The file you are trying to download is no longer available."
New MEGA link in OP post. ;)

Reactions: Turtlie
New MEGA link in OP post. ;)

IT WOOOORKS!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUUUUCH!!!!!! <3

Its a real shame they don't merge those two Theme apps into one, but oh well :3

BTW, how do I update it? There is update available and it gives "Cant update form unofficial channels" ?

IT WOOOORKS!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUUUUCH!!!!!! <3

Its a real shame they don't merge those two Theme apps into one, but oh well :3

BTW, how do I update it? There is update available and it gives "Cant update form unofficial channels" ?
What's the new version number of the update?

New version is available in OP post, install it and feedback if it's working (or not) please. :)

ITS WORKING! :D

Two questions tho:
1. How do I keep this app updated?
2. What if I ever decide to return to xiaomi.eu default Themes app? How could I do that?

ITS WORKING! :D

Two questions tho:
1. How do I keep this app updated?
2. What if I ever decide to return to xiaomi.eu default Themes app? How could I do that?
1. You can download latest apk version on this website (check "global" versions) => https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/miui-theme-app/
=> Rename the downloaded apk to "ThemeManager.apk" then open my TWRP zip and replace "/tmp/themes/system/app/ThemeManager/ThemeManager.apk" file by the new apk version. Finally, flash the zip in TWRP to install new app version. :)

2. Reinstalling your current xiaomi.eu ROM version is the easiest way. ;)

1. You can download latest apk version on this website (check "global" versions) => https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/miui-theme-app/
=> Rename the downloaded apk to "ThemeManager.apk" then open my TWRP zip and replace "/tmp/themes/system/app/ThemeManager/ThemeManager.apk" file by the new apk version. Finally, flash the zip in TWRP to install new app version. :)

2. Reinstalling your current xiaomi.eu ROM version is the easiest way. ;)

Thank you! I have noticed that apps downloaded from play store are neither having their app store icon nor they use theme icons(because theme doesnt include them). Its as if system forces them to be completely different. Is this some kind of conflict? Why is this happening?

Thank you! I have noticed that apps downloaded from play store are neither having their app store icon nor they use theme icons(because theme doesnt include them). Its as if system forces them to be completely different. Is this some kind of conflict? Why is this happening?
About app icons, it's a xiaomi.eu devs choice (by design). ;)

You can install "MIUI 11 or MIUI 12 Global icons pack" if you want:

- Install one of my zip then "Wipe Dalvik&Cache" in TWRP => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/icon-miui-11-12-global-icon-pack-flasher.55423/post-554240

EDIT: After reboot, change theme to something else and go back to Default again.

:)

About app icons, it's a xiaomi.eu devs choice (by design). ;)

You can install "MIUI 11 or MIUI 12 Global icons pack" if you want:

- Install one of my zip then "Wipe Dalvik&Cache" in TWRP => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/icon-miui-11-12-global-icon-pack-flasher.55423/post-554240

EDIT: After reboot, change theme to something else and go back to Default again.

:)

I deleted miui_mod_icons with TWRP and they are gone! :)

I don't understand the point behind putting these icons, its going against "pure MIUI" philosophy and breaks other themes T_T

I have checked your icon pack and its lovely! But I think ill stick with no icon packs :3 (Im trying to get set it and forget it experience without maintenance)

Reactions: Poney70
I deleted miui_mod_icons with TWRP and they are gone! :)

I don't understand the point behind putting these icons, its going against "pure MIUI" philosophy and breaks other themes T_T

I have checked your icon pack and its lovely! But I think ill stick with no icon packs :3 (Im trying to get set it and forget it experience without maintenance)
I guess I'll never understand how white blocks with small icons in them all over the screen is better than what we have...

Reactions: JiaiJ
Doesn't work on 20.8.6.
1bcf45aa16c45062d2ca7377333b1194.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

not working on 20.8.27 mi 9 lite

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-03-17-28-06-064_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-03-17-28-06-064_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 408