How to restore MIUI default recovery on Android 12 ?

daoduc20it

Members
Jun 29, 2022
Hello. i have a Redmi K40S.
I have installed ROM Xiaomi.EU 13.0.7 via fastboot (in this version its recovery is the default MIUI recovery).
Update 13.0.10 is now available via recovery mode.
I used this method to update :
in fastboot. I used
fastboot boot twrp.img
The phone then booted into twrp by itself.
i copied the zip file of update 13.0.10 to internal storage and installed it via twrp.

After the installation was complete I rebooted and opened recovery again. it has been replaced by twrp.
How do I bring it back to MIUI's default recovery like version 13.0.7.
In previous Android versions I often see a Recovery partition. On Android 12 I no longer see this partition.

Can someone help me? Thank you

I have installed ROM Xiaomi.EU 13.0.7 via fastboot (in this version its recovery is the default MIUI recovery).
in fastboot. I used
fastboot boot twrp.img
i copied the zip file of update 13.0.10 to internal storage and installed it via twrp.

After the installation was complete I rebooted and opened recovery again. it has been replaced by twrp.
In previous Android versions I often see a Recovery partition. On Android 12 I no longer see this partition.

- Download Stock ROM version and extract it. There is a file boot.img
- Copy it to your device
- start TWRP - Install Image - choose boot.img - choose boot partition

- flash the stock ROM

- Copy it to your device
- fastboot flash boot boot.img

A/B devices have no recovery partition

• Love
Reactions: daoduc20it

- Copy it to your device
- start TWRP - Install Image - choose boot.img - choose boot partition

- flash the stock ROM

- Copy it to your device
- fastboot flash boot boot.img

A/B devices have no recovery partition

Thank you. Currently I am using version 13.0.10.0 EU on my K40S. Can I use boot.img from 13.0.7 EU version or from V13.0.1.0.SL from global rom version ? Chinese original rom only version 13.0.7

Thank you. Currently I am using version 13.0.10.0 EU on my K40S. Can I use boot.img from 13.0.7 EU version or from V13.0.1.0.SL from global rom version ? Chinese original rom only version 13.0.7
make a backup of your boot partition and test it
- backup with twrp as example
- adb pull /boot C:\backup\boot_bkp.img
- dd if=/dev/block/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot_bkp.img

if it will fail, fastboot, twrp, install xiaomi.eu again

in fastboot. I used
fastboot boot twrp.img

It's nonsense. Why do you want to do it?
You need TWRP for OTA updates.

It's nonsense. Why do you want to do it?
You need TWRP for OTA updates.
because I want to give the phone to the less tech-savvy person in my family to use and still be able to use the eu rom.
the default recovery mode will help them when they need to do a factory reset without me and also won't cause any errors affecting the operating system if they accidentally enter by mistake.
Phones rarely update versions or install other roms, so there is no need for twrp.
In other older Xiaomi phone models like Note 5 Pro or Note 7 Pro, I often use this method when handing it back to family members for use. that's why i searched how to restore it on android 12