Tutorial How To Update/upgrade Miui?

tutorial worked fine on Huawei U8860, from 3.2.6 to 4.
But after reboot the phone freeze after app. 10 seconds or a few menu-choices: settings - full - look for Language, but freeze.
I guess the build are unstable? Are there any "stable" builds of the ROM?

Btw. the boot takes loooong time (also after the initial one) while the xiaomi-logo is presented...

Hmmm.. Maybe I should have posted this in the ROM-forum... But here is no "delete post" button, or "move to another forum" button - so now I leave it here... ;-)

tutorial worked fine on Huawei U8860, from 3.2.6 to 4.
But after reboot the phone freeze after app. 10 seconds or a few menu-choices: settings - full - look for Language, but freeze.
I guess the build are unstable? Are there any "stable" builds of the ROM?

Btw. the boot takes loooong time (also after the initial one) while the xiaomi-logo is presented...

Hmmm.. Maybe I should have posted this in the ROM-forum... But here is no "delete post" button, or "move to another forum" button - so now I leave it here... ;-)

Not Huawei phones are pretty popular outside of the USA & UK, so we don't have this phone. So any feedback helps. It gets stable-r every week. As long as your are doing full wipes, you should be fine.

Freezing is not normal. Make sure Settings -> Developer -> Force GPU Rendering is on.

I'm stuck at the Rom Manager part. I'm supposed to flash Clockwork mod recovery before I anything else but the app keeps saying that it cannot download whatever it is that it requires despite the fact that the phone is connected to the internet through wifi.

I looked at other tutorials and found someone who used OpenRecovery instead but when I tried, I was rewarded with a nice bootloop. At the moment I was able to restore to 2.1 and will be upgrading to 2.2 again later today.

I am using the free ROM Manager, do I have to use the premium one?

I followed this tutorial to the letter several times and my phone just sits at the HTC splash screen after rebooting. I've let it wait for 10 minutes, just to be sure, and it doesn't get any further.

I'm coming from MIUI 2.4.20 to the last version of MIUI for the Incredible S.

so to update is simply as flashing the full ROM only and while leaving the wipe cache, wipe data, and wipe dalvik cache untouched, right? is it almost the same as OTA but with full ROM download?

will try this guide next week when the new build comes. thanks for this! :)

I'm on 2.8.24 now, and I can't figure out why the Update tool doesn't work at all, it never have. What's up with that function and why do we have to follow the guide instead?

I'm on 2.8.24 now, and I can't figure out why the Update tool doesn't work at all, it never have. What's up with that function and why do we have to follow the guide instead?
What phone do you have?
The update was partially broken so it didnt update both systems.
try use wire brush method in my signature. The guide will help you out if you have the M1 or M1S

What phone do you have?
The update was partially broken so it didnt update both systems.
try use wire brush method in my signature. The guide will help you out if you have the M1 or M1S

I've got the SII, GT9100!

I am using SGS3, and i want to update from 2.10.19 to 2.10.26 using Update.zip. It does not work, a error in CWM saying that it cannot mount some path (i dont have external sd inside).

I remember this working, when using SGS2 and couple of months ago it started to give error. It may be i am doing something wrong- but as said, i followed this guide and it always worked just couple of months ago.

Whether i make it to work with your help, i am still interested if i can update using the full version (457mb file), and will it or not delete all newly installed apps, contacts and settings.

Thanks

I am using SGS3, and i want to update from 2.10.19 to 2.10.26 using Update.zip. It does not work, a error in CWM saying that it cannot mount some path (i dont have external sd inside).

I remember this working, when using SGS2 and couple of months ago it started to give error. It may be i am doing something wrong- but as said, i followed this guide and it always worked just couple of months ago.

Whether i make it to work with your help, i am still interested if i can update using the full version (457mb file), and will it or not delete all newly installed apps, contacts and settings.

Thanks

update.zip is not for SGS3. Its for Xiaomi MI ONE Only.

I have a problem!

I have followed the tutorial, but when i get to the part of "Choose zip from sdcard -> then i hit the miuiandroid_DHD-2.2.17.zip" its doing this:

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.2.4
-- Installing: /sdcard/miuiandroid_DHD-2.2.17.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
endeavoru" || getprop("ro.build.product")
== "endeavoru"
E:Error in /sdcard/miuiandroid_DHD-2.2.17.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have tried with "toggle script asserts" or "signature verification" Enabled/Disable... but the same results...

What can i do?

Why are you using this very old rom? It's from February. Download latest ace rom 2.11.30.

I don't know what's wrong but "endeavoru" is HTC One X ;-)

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

It can't be the same result as a
Desire HD rom in updater-script doesn't contain endeavoru device name. It's ace, and I've checked this. Are you sure about this error? It looks like you're trying to install HTC One X rom on your Desire HD which is impossible.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Ok. thanks for reply. I thought it was comment back then while MI 2 wasnt out on market.

Then im stuck in this part:
Step 2 - Rebooting into Recovery - [ALL]
This is fairly straight forward. Simply open up "Rom Manager", which you should have installed if your rooted. If you don't have Rom Manager installed. Install it. Its a must for any rooted user.

Since default JLB3.0 isnt rooted, Im not rooted user.....or I misunderstood something?

There for i hoped for simple solution installing downloaded file in SD card root (renamed to update.zip).

P.S....I am first time android user

As i thought, i cant change permission for managing root, since its unavailable in MUI Stable (ergo, no use for ROM manager atm) :/

I followed this tutorial several times exactly as it is (ive flashed my rom already many times before using other custom roms and it worked) but after rebooting to system it just stays on the black screen for too long (ive waited longer than 20 minutes)... what can be wrong?
i was updating the MIUI-v4-Saga-2.4.6-RD_Edition-r2 to your latest rom release?
thanks in advance

and what about a guide for update/upgrade with miuiandroid rom + gapps + multilanguage ?

Thanks !

Lets just download this to our desktop. We will be moving it shortly.
16.jpg

To upgrade can I due a dirty flash or I have to make a full wipe??

First try dirty flash over previous release. If after that your phone feel laggy try what I have done. Flash again the latest ROM but wipe cache, Dalvik Cache and system partition before flashing. After that clear your all apps cache with 1 Tap Erase app then flash again without wipe cache, Dalvik Cache and system partition (dirty flash). Now my phone working well.

Sorry for bad English.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Hi there,

I have got my phone (htc desire s) rooted and s-off.
It has run quit nice on the miui 2.4.20 rom(GB) for some time but I realley want to upgrade to the 3.2.1 (ICS)version so I can add the multi lang.pack on top of it.

I have got multiple rom's flashed without any problems but for some reason I cannot get it from the 2.4.20 to the 3.2.1.
thing is that my phone is currently running on a gingerbread version and I want the 3.2.1 version but that is on Ice Cream Sandwich.

anybody got an idea on how to get it done?

any help is much appreciated.;)

regards,

michel.