Tutorial How To Update/upgrade Miui?

so complicated, no average user can do tht, why not offer seamless update, click update
Because MIUI is for Xiaomi devices which use OTA updates or simple Updater app. The rest use standard updates procedure like recovery update.

i did evrything but i have a lot prob
1-my phone cant back up i used titnuim and he said he dosent find the root
2-rom manger whene i use it my phone force it to clouse
3-i dnt have update in my phone whene i in i have your système is updete
4-whene i in the rocovry mode i dnt see instal zip from sd but i found update from sd
5-aftere i clearing data then i in to update from sd it start instaling then he said the file not singed
vrivction field

sorry for the bad ENG

my phone is miui 1+
androide v:4.0.1

Hello

first question
I have a HTC Desire S with 3.10.25 and GApps 4.1.x (in French)
I want to move to 3.11.1 and GApps 4.2.x
What is the procedure 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?
I have a doubt because I spend GApps 4.1.x to GApps 4.2.x

second question
Since 3.9.6 (jb) (my first installation)
Each week I directly:
Flash English room
Flash multilang room (do not wipe)
end
(I have to flash gapps every week?)

Thank you.

Hello

first question
I have a HTC Desire S with 3.10.25 and GApps 4.1.x (in French)
I want to move to 3.11.1 and GApps 4.2.x
What is the procedure 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?
I have a doubt because I spend GApps 4.1.x to GApps 4.2.x

second question
Since 3.9.6 (jb) (my first installation)
Each week I directly:
Flash English room
Flash multilang room (do not wipe)
end
(I have to flash gapps every week?)

Thank you.
Bonjour,
A votre premier question; GApps 4.1.x is for ROMs on Android 4.1 while GApps 4.2.x is for ROMs on Android 4.2. Donc, si ta version Android est Jelly Bean 4.2, tu peut installer GApps 4.2.x

To install weekly ROMs, if you'll be using French, you don't need to flash the English Only ROM, directly flash the latest Multi-lang ROM over your current one. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR PREVIOUS ROM before flashing new ROMs.
You don't have to flash GApps again! GApps means Google Apps: Youtube, Play, etc. Apres le flash, s'ils existent, c pas la paine de flasher GApps encore.

REMARQUE: Do not Factory wipe after flash! It will clear all your apps and settings. But if you have done a Backup(which you should), then you can decide to wipe, and do a restore. Wiping n'est pas necessaire sauf s'il y a un probleme.

[motherussia: GS2 i9100]

so complicated, no average user can do tht, why not offer seamless update, click update
Don't complicate it, just flash the new ROM over your current one. Don't forget to do backup you current ROM before flashing! They can't offer updates directly to your phone because of server problems.

Don't complicate it, just flash the new ROM over your current one. Don't forget to do backup you current ROM before flashing! They can't offer updates directly to your phone because of server problems.
Sorry, I'm new to MIUI and just installed it 10 days back with 3.11.8. Now I want to get the new version released on Friday i.e. 3.11.15. Does it mean I will need to download the entire ROM and install it as I would do the usual Stock firmware upgrade? Also, everytime I install the latest version, will I have to wipe and re-install all my apps and data? Please help!

Can someone please help me. I'm new to MIUI and just installed it 2 weeks back with 3.11.8. Now I want to get the new version released on Friday i.e. 3.11.22. Do I need to download the entire ROM and install it? Also, everytime I install the latest version, will I have to wipe and re-install all my apps and data?

Can someone please help me. I'm new to MIUI and just installed it 2 weeks back with 3.11.8. Now I want to get the new version released on Friday i.e. 3.11.22. Do I need to download the entire ROM and install it? Also, everytime I install the latest version, will I have to wipe and re-install all my apps and data?
just download zip and install via updater app.. your data will be not wiped...

just download zip and install via updater app.. your data will be not wiped...
Many thanks mate! I will try it soon. By the way, do we have to do battery calibration again after ROM install? I'm running on i9100 (galaxy s2).

Many thanks mate! I will try it soon. By the way, do we have to do battery calibration again after ROM install? I'm running on i9100 (galaxy s2).
no... if you have S2, you have to install ROM via CWM...

Please please please....
I need he install miui on my new lenovo p780.
I really need miui running on the phone before I begin using it.

So far, these are my attempts to install the ROM...but to my greatest surprise, all failed.

FIRST ATTEMPT:
1. Phone is lenovo p780 with ROW-S119
2. Have rooted with mobile uncle
3. I installed TWRP recovery 2.5.0
4. I then downloaded latest miui V5(4.2.8) official from en.miui.com for p780.
5. After factory reset , data wiping and catches and dalvilc clearing, I install the update from sdcard.
6. But to my surprise, the phone booth up with lenovo boot up animation instead of miui.
7. Also,after phone boot up, some miui app were found in my app drawer, but always force close when touched..
88. I check about phone,but it was still running lenovo's ROW-S119.

SECOND ATTEMPTS.
1 after the above attempt failed, I asked Google. And I saw online elsewhere that CWM recovery must be used to apply miui update.
1. I downloaded one, which after apply soft bricked my phone. So I started all over again.

NOW,
1. download stocked firmware update (row-s119 for p780)
Flash successfully and rooted it successful too.
2. Reserched again , and I got a working CWM recovery working.
3. Download another official miui.
4. Applied update successful. But same problem as the first attempts
5. Downloaded multi language from here, applied the update, yet same.
6. Downloaded from a Russian site, applied but same problem..

And now, I don't know what to do. Just stocked with lenovo row.

Can anybody please guide me through..... I'm I missing anything please?,

Hi, i'v a question before i'm doing an update: i run MIUI 3.1.11 on my HTC one S (ville) ist direct upgrade to the latest Version miuiandroid_multi_ville_4.3.7_jb-4.1 possible? Because on the phone is Android Version 4.0.4 and the update use jb4.1 :)

thanks

Hello, I have a question about updater.
In my Mi3,every Saturday I download the last ROM by wifi and then I flash it via CWM.
But it seems that updater download it in "silent mode", without prompting. I have configured the updater with "only check updates by wifi".
But today I have 400MB of data usage and the last rom in downloads folder.
I am very surr that I have downloaded it by wifi, on Saturday 31/5, and my data usage is dated 1/6.
Some ideas?
Thanks

Thank you for this great tutorial!
I do have some questions though...

I'm looking into using Miui (multi) on my Zopo C2 and am glad to see that this particular phone is on the list of supported phones!
At the moment I'm using stock rom (rooted) with TWRP and/or CWM (tried both), but when I try to install this rom I get the assert error.
The question I therefore have is, do I have to remove the whole assert tag from the updater-script or do I have to change my recovery? As followup on this, if I would remove the assert tag and install this rom, what happens when there is an update, am I able to use the OTA from then on, or do I have to download the rom, remove the assert tag again and install manually from recovery and do this every time there is an update, like every week?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction ;)

I have placed update.zip on \ and \sdcard..when i try to update from recovery it doesnt detect.
let me know where i need to place update.zip.
Im not using CMW

Hey guys,

First of all, let me thank you for all these tutorials and stuff.

I bought (allegedly*) a MI3 recently in Shenzhen. Since I'm not chinese nor I speak/read chinese, I was trying to follow this guide in order to install a westernized ROM in my phone.

My problem lies at the second step: Reboot into Recovery

I don't know how to do this. I don't have any app called ROM Manager and I don't know where should I download it from. In addition, I can't find any Updater app as well in my phone.
I did try to turn on my phone pressing both the Power and the Volume Up buttons and I got to a menu with the following options: Recovery Mode, Fast Mode and Normal Boot. When I selected Recovery Mode I was given this picture saying 无命令 below of it:
AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg

Can someone help me boot in Recovery Mode in order to finish the flashing?

Thank you guys!

*I'm still not 100% sure this is a genuine MI3, though it seems a perfectly fine phone and I'm pretty much impressed by its performance.

Hey guys,

First of all, let me thank you for all these tutorials and stuff.

I bought (allegedly*) a MI3 recently in Shenzhen. Since I'm not chinese nor I speak/read chinese, I was trying to follow this guide in order to install a westernized ROM in my phone.

My problem lies at the second step: Reboot into Recovery

I don't know how to do this. I don't have any app called ROM Manager and I don't know where should I download it from. In addition, I can't find any Updater app as well in my phone.
I did try to turn on my phone pressing both the Power and the Volume Up buttons and I got to a menu with the following options: Recovery Mode, Fast Mode and Normal Boot. When I selected Recovery Mode I was given this picture saying 无命令 below of it:
AndroidRedTriangle.jpeg

Can someone help me boot in Recovery Mode in order to finish the flashing?

Thank you guys!

*I'm still not 100% sure this is a genuine MI3, though it seems a perfectly fine phone and I'm pretty much impressed by its performance.
To check your real phone, downloaded #108 from this post: http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/222225

To boot into recovery, when you saw the green with red triangle as you posted the pictures, just press power button and the recovery menu will pop up. This worked on my hongmi note wcdma, hope it works for you.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W

To boot into recovery, when you saw the green with red triangle as you posted the pictures, just press power button and the recovery menu will pop up. This worked on my hongmi note wcdma, hope it works for you.

Unfortunately, it didn't work :'(
Nothing happens when I click the Power button. If I keep pressing it for a longer time, the phone reboots in normal mode.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help!

Unfortunately, it didn't work :'(
Nothing happens when I click the Power button. If I keep pressing it for a longer time, the phone reboots in normal mode.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help!
Sorry, but i sure your's phone í fake, you can use antutu to check it real or fake, and 1000% its fake