Invalid I can't use fullscreen gesture with custom launcher (Mi 9T / 21.1.13/14)

yunihuni

Members
Jan 17, 2021
Hello guys.

I'm using this rom more then 1 year on my 9T and and facing a problem I have never experienced before.
If i switch to Mi Launcher i can use fullscreen gestures but when switch back to CPL (Customized Pixel Launcher) i can only use navigation bar.
I tried bunch of launcher but still same problem.

How can i fix this issue? Or anybody experienced this problem?

Thank you.

This feature is mentioned so many times... Use the search function before posting.

Fluid navigation gesture will be a workaround

Hello guys.

I'm using this rom more then 1 year on my 9T and and facing a problem I have never experienced before.
If i switch to Mi Launcher i can use fullscreen gestures but when switch back to CPL (Customized Pixel Launcher) i can only use navigation bar.
I tried bunch of launcher but still same problem.

How can i fix this issue? Or anybody experienced this problem?

Thank you.

That bugs does not have sense. I've nova launcher from MIUI 10 Official ROM, update to 11, 12 and all works. Now I install xiaomi.eu ROM latest version and this bug appear.
I know that is a problem that afflict official and unofficial ROM but there isn't a solution? Except for workaround.

That bugs does not have sense. I've nova launcher from MIUI 10 Official ROM, update to 11, 12 and all works. Now I install xiaomi.eu ROM latest version and this bug appear.
I know that is a problem that afflict official and unofficial ROM but there isn't a solution? Except for workaround.
It's not a bug and not considered to be a problem. Do some homework before you label changes you're not used to as "bugs".
Starting with Android 11, full-screen gestures are only provided by the launcher via a dedicated overlay. There are no system-level full screen gestures like on Android 10. This has nothing to do with MIUI version.
The same exact thing can be said about the Recents panel: it's no longer included with the System UI, and has to be explicitly set by the manufacturer and provided by an external app, usually the built-in launcher:

Okay I'm sorry, but I think I have Android 11 up to 2 days ago with updated MIUI 12 Official version, at this point probably I'm wrong.
Finally I consider to install Fluid Navigation Gesture.

Thank you for the work!

Okay I'm sorry, but I think I have Android 11 up to 2 days ago with updated MIUI 12 Official version, at this point probably I'm wrong.
Finally I consider to install Fluid Navigation Gesture.

Thank you for the work!
Yes, early versions of MIUI 12 based on Android 11 had an outdated (2019-era) System UI, very similar to the one still used on Android 10.
This is not the case anymore, Xiaomi started using late-2020 versions of System UI, which is based on AOSP Android 11, on all Android 11 Weeklies and MIUI 12.5 Android 11 Stables.

Reactions: Jocuba