I receive my Mi8 Today have dilemma

almog250

Members
Feb 28, 2015
I want to know what do you suggest me,

I bought my Xiaomi Mi8 from a website in China and the device ofc with china rom and close bootloader, I heard about the new policy of Xiaomi about that the devices will not be able to burn China version in global rom.

I'm a little bit afraid to get bricks I heard a lout of Redmi note 5 devices got bricks and a few some from MI MIX 2S Devices.

This really matters for me if my bootloader is unlocked? in my country, we don't have google pay at all. ( I live in Israel).

My option is this:

1.stay with China rom and Install google play
If Install google play on China rom in my self this is work like global rom or this makes problems when I got OTA updates? I don't use the Hebrew language, Just Use English with Hebrew on the keyboard.
2. Open the bootloader and Install global rom, I Can relock my phone if this is Chines version when I burn the global rom?
Xiaomi can brick my phone in the future ? after I Update with the OTA ? this is one of my deliberations to install global rom.
3. Open the bootloader Install Twrp recovery and Install the Miui eu rom.

Thank you please give some hope I don't want to get a brick or some like that.

I recommend unlocking your bootloader, flashing the latest TWRP and then flashing the Xiaomi.eu you are interested in. Because MIUI Global is having problems activating the facial unlock function, which for you should change the region. Xiaomi.eu solves this for you, with all functions working.

Enviado de meu MI 8 usando o Tapatalk

Once you unlocked bootloader you can try all options:
China stable, chine developer
Global stable, global developer
Xiaomi.eu
Updating trough recovery won't relock bootloader.
You have to be careful when switching firmware using Mi flash tool via fastboot mode. Default option is clean and lock so you have to change that.
Original China and global have encryption enabled by default where's with xiaomi.eu ROM your have do it manually and every time after updating as far as I know but check by yourself.
If it's safety and security a big deal stay with China ROM and locked bootloader.

Last edited:
Also... Xiaomi.eu is based off China beta. So no worries about changing China to global

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

Also... Xiaomi.eu is based off China beta. So no worries about changing China to global

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk
As long as bootloader is unlocked you should be safe BUT take care of ARB Google protection. Check fastboot getvar anti

Reactions: marcel112
Thank you guys I installed the xiaomi eu miui 10 stable work excellent very good and not saw any bugs.
hi im on official global beta rom and about to dive into .eu rom. What is your findings on financial and banking apps, digital payment like google pay? is everything good? thanks

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

On miui 10 .eu stable, google pay working without problem and my banking apps too, but I have problem with GPS, most of time doesn't work.