New IR-LED continuously blinking Mi8 11.0.6.0

premiumuser

Members
Feb 28, 2020
I randomly noticed, while trying to film my phones screen with another phone, that the IR-LED on my Mi8 was continuously pulsing. The LED only stops lighting up when the phone is turned off. I do not have face-unlock enabled.
I find this behavior quite odd and also a bit concerning.

not really sure it's a bug.
disable non-interactive mode in battery scenes.
disable pocket mode

disable sunlight mode and auto brightness.
should work.

Reactions: premiumuser
Turning off the mentioned settings also turned off the IR-LED. The blinking stopped completely after I turned off auto rightness.
Haven't seen this Led light up even for faceunlock since I switched to Xiaomi.eu so I was a bit paranoid ^^.
Thank you for the quick answer this really is much appreciated.

Turning off the mentioned settings also turned off the IR-LED. The blinking stopped completely after I turned off auto rightness.
Haven't seen this Led light up even for faceunlock since I switched to Xiaomi.eu so I was a bit paranoid ^^.
Thank you for the quick answer this really is much appreciated.
Non interactive mode will make the LED pulse when the screen is off for anyone wondering.

happy u got this sorted.
i recommend turning these off in any case. just wastes battery, fracks up memory management, so then it makes device lag.

auto brightness i keep off as its broken and always it either overshoots at night or undershoots during the day. super annoying.