Issues with flashing MIUI 10.3.2

Kiicki

Members
Feb 27, 2020
I recently received a Mi Pad 4 (8 inch)

I downloaded "SDK Platform-Tools for Windows" and TWRP Clover. I put the "twrp.img" file into the Platform Tools folder.

Inside the Platform tools folder I held down right shift and clicked the right mouse button to go into powerShell.

I then entered "./adb reboot bootloader" which makes the Mi pad go into fastboot. On my AMD CPU desktop it stays in fastboot, but when I use my Intel CPU laptop the Mi pad powers off after a few seconds in fastboot.

Anyway, when it's in fastboot I enter "./fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" but nothing is happening. On my desktop it's stuck at "Sending 'recovery' (54824 KB)". On my laptop I get:
Sending 'recovery' (54824 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))
fastboot: error: Command failed
PS C:\Users\Kikki\Downloads\platform-tools>

What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
So I have managed to install it. First thing I should say is that the command I was using isn't wrong. You can use ./ if you use PowerShell, but you can or should?..do without if you're using CMD

I had issues because I was on a Ryzen 3600 CPU. I then switched over to my Thinkpad T490 intel CPU, but had issues there as well. Most likely because of lack of USB 2.0.

Then I switched to my old laptop which had an intel 2630QM with USB 2.0 port. That worked, so everything is good : )

Reactions: iamme729
You aren't the only one to have the USB port problems...
Great you got the ROM installed...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
I could also mention that I had some errors during wiping, but it said successful at the top. After wiping I installed the ROM. After installing the ROM I decided to wipe it again just to see what the log would say. I had no errors, so that was pleasing to see. Everything works as it should. Great community and thanks to the creator(s)

I just know some people have had issues with wiping, and it could be that it shows errors if your on stock OS. At least I had no errors with wiping after the ROM was installed.

Reactions: iamme729