New Location with Wifi scan (GPS off) issue on MI6 and MI5

xpdev

Members
Aug 25, 2014
Goodmorning everyone

I installed the last stable (with all the wipe) on my Mi6 (V10.0.1.0OCACNFH) and MI5 (V10.0.1.0.OAACNFH) and on both phones I have a problem with the geolocation using wifi scanning, with the GPS off

No app (even the MIUI weather) can locate me, including google maps.

Does anyone have the same problem?

thank you

Yes I'm also having the same issue with my MI5 since updating to V10.0.1.0.OAACNFH. GPS is working fine, however the network-based geolocation is not working. Everything else is working great on MIUI 10, just this one bug.

So after testing a little more it seems the problem is only with Google maps and other apps using the Google API. My weather map which only uses network/approximate location has no idea where I am. But my other mapping app and GPS test app which don't rely on Google are working fine. Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix?

I have the same problem on my mi max3. I had the stable China version and now I just installed de miui 10 beta and that bug persists. I don't know what to do either

I have the same problem on my mi max3. I had the stable China version and now I just installed de miui 10 beta and that bug persists. I don't know what to do either
Weather app knows where I am based on network location. But nothing else on the phone can get a location based on network. I've seen posts with the same problem but nobody has a solution...

If i do a clear Miui Rom install, on first Miui Rom Setting i receive this messagge "A previous version of android, you turned off access to your location for all google apps, reactivated ?"

Of course "yes" and all works fine, location with wifi scan works fine.

A few days later issue with wifi scan location cames back

Seem to be a trouble with google service update.

I'm not able to find the way to disable SYSTEM APP UPDATE on Miui

look at the link
How to fix Google Play services update problem

Goodmorning everyone

I installed the last stable (with all the wipe) on my Mi6 (V10.0.1.0OCACNFH) and MI5 (V10.0.1.0.OAACNFH) and on both phones I have a problem with the geolocation using wifi scanning, with the GPS off

No app (even the MIUI weather) can locate me, including google maps.

Does anyone have the same problem?

thank you

I have the same models but I do not have this problem

you have the sane ROM or the same phone ?

I have send you a PM

Last edited:
you have the sane ROM or the same phone ?

I have send you a PM
No matter Cecco, this is a Google api issue, there is no way to fix it and this issue is known by Google from May 2018

Last edited:
Yes seems to be a Google API / Play services issue since GPS is working fine for other apps. I also got lots of play services error messages after updating my Mi5 to miui 10 stable, I had to manually install updates with open gapps. Still no ideas on solutions? Is it a Google issue or a problem with implementation of google api in xiaomi.eu? I was going to wipe and clean install but seems others tried this and still have the problem.

Yes seems to be a Google API / Play services issue since GPS is working fine for other apps. I also got lots of play services error messages after updating my Mi5 to miui 10 stable, I had to manually install updates with open gapps. Still no ideas on solutions? Is it a Google issue or a problem with implementation of google api in xiaomi.eu? I was going to wipe and clean install but seems others tried this and still have the problem.
I did a clean install and for now everything is working as intended. Pokémon ho seems to get some errors on buildings but maps can work perfectly with battery saver mode

Yes I'm also having the same issue with my MI5 since updating to V10.0.1.0.OAACNFH. GPS is working fine, however the network-based geolocation is not working. Everything else is working great on MIUI 10, just this one bug.
I'm using MI 5 and I get network location perfectly with Google Maps, both with WiFi and with mobile network.

If i do a clear Miui Rom install, on first Miui Rom Setting i receive this messagge "A previous version of android, you turned off access to your location for all google apps, reactivated ?"

Of course "yes" and all works fine, location with wifi scan works fine.

A few days later issue with wifi scan location cames back

Seem to be a trouble with google service update.

I'm not able to find the way to disable SYSTEM APP UPDATE on Miui

look at the link
How to fix Google Play services update problem
A week after the clean install, the same happened to me. Can't get any location based on network