New Low Download Speed On Chrome And Google Playstore

Onimanius

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Hy and at first thank you for your awesome work every week

But theres still one bug that bothers me since atleast 3 or 4 rom updates.

The google Playstore and Chrome Browsers download speed is just about 300 - 600 kb/s

This happens on both of my Xiaomi phones the Mi 5 and Mi 4.

My Htc one M9 Downloads without any Problems almost with fullspeed of my 125Mbit Internet connection.

But on both Xiaomi devices even over Wifi the speed ist limited to this 600 kb/s

So updating big apps in playstore like Heartstone and so on take over 1 hour.

In chrome its the same thing i test downloaded your newest rom over chrome and the speed is 300 - 600kb/s

So ive downloadet an app called "advanced download manager" that fetches the link you want to download in chrome and downloads it in his own "downloader" and the speed with this app over Wifi is 8 MB/s

So 8 MB/s is not the maximum my Connection can deliver but i can life with it and its much better then the 600 kb´s i get on chrome and playstore^^

So if the downloader app gets a much better speed then chrome and the playstore there has to be anything like a speed limitation in the rom for this two apps.

I hope you can look into it because thats very annoying to wait over an hour for just one app update if it can finish in about a minute if it gets the full speed.

And sorry for my bad english but its not my native language and i don´t have to write english very often xD