Manual Update

Kastil

Members
Jun 22, 2016
I'm currently running 6.5.5 beta on my redmi note 2. I want to update manually , can someone tell please, what to do when twrp file is downloaded and if I can flash the ROM straight from the update app afterwards

I'm currently running 6.5.5 beta on my redmi note 2. I want to update manually , can someone tell please, what to do when twrp file is downloaded and if I can flash the ROM straight from the update app afterwards
Hello, TWRP in this case you need to make wipe. The ROM can be installed with Updater app

No if you install the ROM without wipe, wipe it if you make the first
I have installed miui 8 with factory reset, my phone works fine, no bugs, no FC. Others have installed the ROM without wipe,... I read some problems. Tomorrow there update, download and install it from Updater, if you have problems write me! and I'll have to wipe with TWRP, ok?
So, twrp is unnecessary in my case? Thanks for the answer

No if you install the ROM without wipe, wipe it if you make the first
I have installed miui 8 with factory reset, my phone works fine, no bugs, no FC. Others have installed the ROM without wipe,... I read some problems. Tomorrow there update, download and install it from Updater, if you have problems write me! and I'll have to wipe with TWRP, ok?
OK, I will do it today, thanks a lot

Reactions: Stefano131270