Resolved Market Download Bug 2.3.30

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwookie

Members
Sep 2, 2011
Found a nice little bug in 2.3.30 on the Mi-One where if you try to download from the market and it prompts you that the file size is to big the app will then fail the download with market download error 196.

To fix this either use a wifi connection or go into downloads - settings - file size limit and remove the tick next to Data Download Prompt or set the file size as large as will go if you still want the prompts.

No sure if this is on all versions but certainly on Mi-One 2.3.30 so let us know what other handsets it happens on.

I'm confused then. This sounds like intended behavior.

If your max download size is too low it failed the download. Like it should. You updated the value, and it worked. Like it should.

The limit is in place for users without unlimited data. What is the bug here?

I understand how the download limiter works but even if you click download anyway it hen produces an error message that the download failedwith a little pop up window saying "market download error 196". Ill try and get a screenshot....

I understand how the download limiter works but even if you click download anyway it hen produces an error message that the download failedwith a little pop up window saying "market download error 196". Ill try and get a screenshot....

MIUI can't hook into the Market without hacking it, and there not going to modify the app. So they essentially "kill" the mobile process to the Market in order to kill the download which results in the error. It means nothing but saving users 100s of dollars of bandwidth overages.

You said the error didn't appear, once you fixed the settings. I still don't see a bug here.

Status
Not open for further replies.