[mi 10] Okey google doesn't work

Claudio4

Members
Dec 12, 2020
Hi!
I know this is kinda a beaten horse, but I'm unable to enable the "Okey Google" function, well I can (not sure if does anything) but as soon as I leave the screen with the toggle it switches back to off .
Device: Mi 10 (UMI)
Xiaomi.eu: 12.2.2

P.D.: The options works perfectly fine in stock EU and AOSP roms.

Reactions: Poney70
Seems you knew the issue had been raised multiple times, so you shouldn't have started a new thread - but for anyone else landing here:

It has been fixed in the latest weekly 20.12.9 / 20.12.10

Verified on Mi10Pro (cmi)
The release notes (post) clearly state "Fix - OK Google didn't work properly [Snapdragon 865 devices, Android 11]"

I personally did not have much success using the forum search for this bug, when I first encountered it, and it was only by luck that I stumbled on a post by one of the devs in a forum release thread that made it clear they were aware of it and it was outside their control. I'm also (fairly) confident it took a while before it appeared in the 'Confirmed Issues' post, so I do have some understanding why so many different posts about it cropped up.

Seems you knew the issue had been raised multiple times, so you shouldn't have started a new thread - but for anyone else landing here:

It has been fixed in the latest weekly 20.12.9 / 20.12.10

Verified on Mi10Pro (cmi)
The release notes (post) clearly state "Fix - OK Google didn't work properly [Snapdragon 865 devices, Android 11]"

I personally did not have much success using the forum search for this bug, when I first encountered it, and it was only by luck that I stumbled on a post by one of the devs in a forum release thread that made it clear they were aware of it and it was outside their control. I'm also (fairly) confident it took a while before it appeared in the 'Confirmed Issues' post, so I do have some understanding why so many different posts about it cropped up.
Actually, I didn't know it was a common error on 865+A11, I only saw a few years old posts talking about the issue in Mi8 and Mi mix 2, didn't found anything on modern device. But it's my fault for not looking harder for the known bugs..
Anyway, that's great news!