Mi 10 Pro weekly rom upgrade failure

petchoy

Members
Jan 8, 2022
HI All,

I was upgrading my MI 10 Pro from the weekly EU rom. I am on 21.11.3 version, i was upgrading via OTA how ever it failed to download until the system says the update is not responding.

I tried to download the ROM and install it via TWRP, however. while installing i had the error

Invalid Zip File Format!
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.12.30-v13-12-fastboot.zip'

Tried wiping and formatting and retried installation, however, it did not go thru. Asking some help from the experts here.

Thank you

Attachments

• ERROR Mi 10 Pro Error.jpg
    ERROR Mi 10 Pro Error.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 143
HI All,

I was upgrading my MI 10 Pro from the weekly EU rom. I am on 21.11.3 version, i was upgrading via OTA how ever it failed to download until the system says the update is not responding.

I tried to download the ROM and install it via TWRP, however. while installing i had the error

Invalid Zip File Format!
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.12.30-v13-12-fastboot.zip'

Tried wiping and formatting and retried installation, however, it did not go thru. Asking some help from the experts here.

Thank you
"Installation of A12 devices via Fastboot:
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:
--- For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
--- For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
--- For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh"

Reactions: biscoot
THANK YOU, IT worked..
Phone restarted and now I am on MIUI 13 22.1.5. There is an update available however, i cant update via OTG.
May i inquire what rom to download for this UPDATE? do I just need to re run xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.12.30_v13-12-fastboot.zip via TWRP?

Again, thank you so much xMarvin732

"Installation of A12 devices via Fastboot:
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:
--- For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
--- For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
--- For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh"

THANK YOU, IT worked..
Phone restarted and now I am on MIUI 13 22.1.5. There is an update available however, i cant update via OTG.
May i inquire what rom to download for this UPDATE? do I just need to re run xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.12.30_v13-12-fastboot.zip via TWRP?

Hi there are some new weekly rom versions from 5/6 january. Perhaps yours is reuploaded or restart your phone. sometimes the update info will need a little bit. If there is a newer rom version, download it to PC and install with fastboot

Dont update a fastboot image with twrp. you should not reinstall the old version.

look here..,

Reactions: biscoot
THANK YOU, IT worked..

fastboot not meant for twrp flash :)

As a conclusion:
If the firmware file name is in format: xiaomi.eu_multi_...-12-fastboot.zip even that you are notified by the updater, you need to do the update using a PC and the phone booted into fastboot, you cannot use TWRP for the update process.
Also, the -
12- before the "fastboot" means the update contain Android 12 version.

More details about the process can be read on the first post of each ROM thread (discussion)
For example: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-12-29-30-first-miui-13.64404/#post-641912
Always read with attention first post in order to understand the upgrade process, before to continue with the update process.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Hi there are some new weekly rom versions from 5/6 january. Perhaps yours is reuploaded or restart your phone. sometimes the update info will need a little bit. If there is a newer rom version, download it to PC and install with fastboot

Dont update a fastboot image with twrp. you should not reinstall the old version.

look here..,
And to go down from miui 13 to miui 12, is it also through fastboot? or is it no longer possible?