Mi 10 Ultra 5x Focus

Bruhiunno

Members
Nov 10, 2020
Hi folks

So I've just moved over to the latest EU weekly (android 11), and I've noticed I can no longer focus the 5x camera at all, in both the miui and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* cameras.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this. (I recently changed the lens glass) I don't have any other camera issues, though the China version of the miui camera doesn't work/run.

Thanks!

It's probably either not the same optical properties as the OEM glass, or the way they glue the OEM glass to the camera housing makes a difference. The laser autofocus sensor is probably picking it up as either being infinitely far away because it can't detect a return signal, or it's being reflected within the glass and thinks the subject is literally touching the camera. That's my best guess. Pro mode with manual focus is a work around, you can leave all the other settings at auto and just adjust the focus when needed.
Ah, I've tried it without the glass, and still no luck. Looking at *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*'s focus data shows that the camera just doesn't even attempt to focus (very occasionally it focusses a tiny bit, and it's shown in the focus data). When the cover glass was smashed it'd still focus, as well as having tape on it too, but I never tested those cases on this rom. Rather perplexing, but since there's a new weekly out I'll try that, since I've had a phew other unrelated bugs others haven't. Thanks!

Just discovered after updating to the latest weekly that it's working again (I'm always on the latest weekly), bit of a bummer since I ordered a replacement camera, but hey ho