New Mi 11 - MIUI 13.0.8 Very weird bug please help.

RSE99

Members
Mar 6, 2022
Hello,
For weeks now i have been trying to figure out a very weird bug on my Mi 11 but i can't seem to find the cause.
What is happening is that the navigation buttons go crazy in some apps. For example when i press on one of the 3 navigation buttons in lets say Edge web browser the buttons register like 10 presses in a single second and send me all the way back to the home screen even though i hit the back button once to try and go one page back.
I thought that maybe there was a hardware problem or a problem with the screen protector but even without one i still have the same issue. And the issue only appears in certain apps or certain places in certain apps. For example in YouTube the home/back/navigate buttons work fine and register a single press until it is playing a video then when i press one it goes mental. I really hope to solve this issue because now i cant navigate back in apps because it just yeets me all the way back to the homescreen with a single press.

Things i have tried with no success

-
Change the refresh rate and resolution
- Remove screen protector / clean phone
- Try out different launchers
- Reboot phone
- Remove apps that used a overlay / on screen widgets
- Update to MIUI 13.0.8 i ran the version prior to 13.0.8 and that is where the problem initially started out of nowhere.

I am trying to avoid a factory reset because that would take me a lot of work to get everything back.

I have uploaded a video to make the problem a bit more clear as you can see in the video in Google Play store the buttons function correctly but once i open Edge or Reddit they go crazy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, did you solve this problem? I have the same on my Mi11 with miui 13.0.8.

Pressing navigation buttons on screen border cause a several button press.. if I hold my finger on the screen border it pressing the nav buttons all the times, several times per second.. the very strange because yesterday on Miui 12.5 there wasn't such problem..

Also I noticed that opening the settings drawer from right of the top screen, not working all the time..

Ok, I found that it could be a problem related to the 120Hz and FHD+ resolution -> If i changed refresh rate to 60hz -> problem disappear, also if i use 120hz, and change resolution to bigger one (WQHD+ instead of FHD+) the problem doesn't happen.

Hi, did you solve this problem? I have the same on my Mi11 with miui 13.0.8.

Pressing navigation buttons on screen border cause a several button press.. if I hold my finger on the screen border it pressing the nav buttons all the times, several times per second.. the very strange because yesterday on Miui 12.5 there wasn't such problem..

Also I noticed that opening the settings drawer from right of the top screen, not working all the time..

Ok, I found that it could be a problem related to the 120Hz and FHD+ resolution -> If i changed refresh rate to 60hz -> problem disappear, also if i use 120hz, and change resolution to bigger one (WQHD+ instead of FHD+) the problem doesn't happen.
I sold the phone it was full of bugs.

• Haha
Reactions: sunset_in_mars