Mi 11 Ultra stuck on MIUI 12.5.4

misterseeber

Members
Jun 4, 2021
When I try to update my MIUI version it downloads the new version but gets stuck at 100% as you can see in the image.

I've tried downloading the latest version from this website and enabling developer options to pick the specific file to update with but in that case it says my storage is encrypted and it has to reboot to recovery mode to install so I click okay then another box pops up asking to continue and then if I click the "Yes" button nothing happens, even if I wait. All I can do is cancel.

If I reboot to recovery mode manually there's no option to update, only Reboot, Wipe or Mi Assistant

Attachments

• MIUI stuck.jpg
    MIUI stuck.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 129
  • Encrypted.jpg
    Encrypted.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Recovery yes broken.jpg
    Recovery yes broken.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 123
@misterseeber Looks like you don't know what you are doing. This is a CUSTOM ROM FORUM. You can't "update" an official ROM with a custom ROM, certainly not with a locked bootloader and Mi recovery.
But when I look at your screenshots, then I am not quite sure yours is an official ROM: MIUI125? Perhaps a dubious shop ROM.
Please go to official Xiaomi forum
https://new.c.mi.com/

Edit: Looks like I'm the one who didn't get it right. My fault, I apologize.

Last edited:

MeiGuddet

I think you are wrong. It looks like the user is using the xiaomi.eu ROM but does not have TWRP installed.

misterseeber

From the pictures it looks like you have a xiaomi.eu ROM on your device.
I recommend updating with the "fastboot method".

• Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file to PC
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Wait until the device restarts itself
  • Done!

• run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
@gogocar62 thanks for your help!

I'm running Windows but I don't know what you mean by installation script sorry I did this a while ago when I got the phone new but now I don't know what I'm doing.

And another question, I'm assuming I have to do this every time I want to get the latest version of MIUI?

And another question, I'm assuming I have to do this every time I want to get the latest version of MIUI
No, if TWRP is installed, it will be possible to update on the phone.
OTA aktualizace.png

I'm running Windows but I don't know what you mean by installation script sorry I did this a while ago when I got the phone new but now I don't know what I'm doing.

Attachments

• DpPuDY4.jpeg
    DpPuDY4.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Seriously? For me it doesn't look like that. Ok, let's wait and see. I'm happy to be taught.
@gogocar62 is correct, I'm running MIUI 12.5.4 by xiaomi.eu atm. I got the Chinese version of the Mi 11 Ultra as it was cheaper so I looked up how to "flash the ROM"(?) ages ago when I got it and followed a video. Almost bricked my phone at the time

Again, thanks for the help. I'll give this a go and see if it works

Attachments

• IMG_20230622_105009.jpg
    IMG_20230622_105009.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: MeiGuddet
Check out his third picture from the Update app.
I saw that, but isn't that dialogue shown on the official ROM too, it just won't do anything after clicking "Yes" because it's not the official ROM?
Anyway, then I take back my claim from above. Even though I find the MIUI 125 quite strange.