Mi 5 Pro Is Running At 1,6 Ghz Under Android Nougat 7.0 (6.12.15) - 1/2 Resolved

neudene

Members
Sep 12, 2016
When i use CPU-Z, he shows me the clock speed is 1,59 ghz.
I understand now why my phone seems to be a little slower after update to Android Nougat 7.0 (now 6.12.15)

Very,very strange before 2 days the frequency of my phone was 307- 1.6 GHz with two inactive cores and today all cores working and the frequency is 307-1.8 GHz and after that to 307-1.36 .hmm?!!??!!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Me too, 2 inactive CPU. And it's the same with Aïda. But no return to a normal frequency.

I found a solution for the speed of 4 cores:
Install/Update TWRP ZCX or TWRP 3.0.2
Write the three things:
-boot
-recovery
-system(after install ZCX he shows me MODEM)
Then reinstall 6.12.15 Rom and don't forget SU 2.79.
After, two of my cores are running with fully speed but CPU Z shows me 2,15 ghz.
Restart your device to take effect after update.

Update: for ZCX flash only recovery

Last edited:
I found a solution for the speed of 4 cores:
Install/Update TWRP ZCX or TWRP 3.0.2
Write the three things:
-boot
-recovery
-system(after install ZCX he shows me MODEM)
Then reinstall 6.12.15 Rom and don't forger SU 2.79.
After, two of my cores are running with fully speed but CPU Z shows me 2,15 ghz.
Restart your device to take effect after update.

do u really have to reinstall the rom?

though that sucks.. how can they release a rom that just stops the 2 other cpu cores

Yes I do because Under ZCX he don't want boot on the rom.
But now after a few moment CPU Z reshows me the speed of 1,6 ghz.
It's very Strange, maybe the implementation of the rom.
But now i feel a difference, he is more speedy, i found back the fully of speed

Very Strange now after reinstall Rom, i found already TWRP normal, not ZCX ???

Update: for ZCX flash only recovery. ZCX working and stay.
With this i think you don't have to reinstall ROM

Last edited:
Screenshot_2016-12-21-09-18-56-700_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png

hmmm have you check ur Antutu benchmark? if uve ever done it? funny thing is that, my previous run was on the 12xxxx score, and thats with the Android 6.1 roms , and with the nougat its on the 14xxxx score alot more higher, I wonder if the 2x.2.15Ghz cores only kicks in on demand. (still checking). cuz I just dont see the benchmark score being too high when 2 of the fast cores are disabled

@neudene i checked my CPU use on the developer mode option and i looked to see with the CPU Usage if the 2 cores are indeed disabled , well by the looks of it, they are just operating normally. so I think its just CPUZ giving out false information
See the screenshot below, u have CPU[0-1] those are the 1.6GHz cores, and CPU[2-3] are the 2.15GHz cores

Screenshot_2016-12-21-09-40-37-869_com.android.settings.png

Guys 2 core are in sleeping mode and they are activated only when the phone do heavy operations. You never heard about mpdecision?? This is normal ;)
Maybe now in this early versions can be bugged because for example now I have 4 cores on and I don't know why but this is normal. It is a Qualcomm algoritm

Guys 2 core are in sleeping mode and they are activated only when the phone do heavy operations. You never heard about mpdecision?? This is normal ;)
Maybe now in this early versions can be bugged because for example now I have 4 cores on and I don't know why but this is normal. It is a Qualcomm algoritm
thing is CPUZ isnt really showing it, so ppl can easily mistake it for the information provided to u.
while the developer mode, it does show u the true refresh of the cpu core.

hence lesson here is, better look all the data through the developer mode instead of a 3rd party app like cpuz :D

Mpdecision is not implemented in miui. There is a topic on global forum.
MP decision is implemented but only on android 7 roms. On China dev and beta dev (that is under tests) and I can confirm you that there is mpdecision because i'm global beta tester

Reactions: dogiex
No
MP decision is implemented but only on android 7 roms. On China dev and beta dev (that is under tests) and I can confirm you that there is mpdecision because i'm global beta tester
No. It is not implemented. On the last dev ROM .22 the four cores are all running.

No

No. It is not implemented. On the last dev ROM .22 the four cores are all running.

MP Decision it is implemented. As you can see in my screenshots the Little cluster was up for over 22 hours while Big cluster only for 5 hours and a half. And as bonus a screenshot of my Antutu score.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-30-708_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-30-708_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 652
  • Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-42-464_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-42-464_com.grarak.kerneladiutor.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 557
  • Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-59-515_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-27-05-43-59-515_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png
    116 KB · Views: 569
Reactions: Hiep Thong Nguyen