Mi 5s Fingerprint Scanner Problem

ChrisAn

Members
Apr 3, 2017
Hello,
It appears that my mi5s has developed a defect, as the fingerprint scanner on my phone has seemingly stopped working. Initially, it had trouble reading stored fingerprints so I decided to remove them and add them again. However, I haven't been able to successfully store my fringerprints ever since. Whenever I try to add a new fingerprint, it doesnt register, no matter how many times I try. I actually got the it to store my fingerprint once, but after that the unlocked randomly without me touching the device, while other times when I placed my finger on the scanner in order to unlock it, the device wouldn't respond at all, as if it didn't register my finger. I have tried both the official 8.0.3 and Chinese 8.2 rom, as well as Xiaomi.eu's latest rom with no luck.Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, were you able to solve it? Below is a short video of me trying to register a fingerprint. Please excuse the shaky footage, as I was holding the camera with my left hand
/watch?v=cTcyXMxCFi0

I have the same problem and I have tried severally but yet to fixed it... Any help will be appreciated

Same here.... before I opened the bootloader there was an anouncement. "If you open the bootloader, the fingerprint will work no more !" I hoped it was a joke, but it seems not..

I was going to post a question about this same subject. What I can confirm is that after unlocking the bootloader the finger print sensor definitely did work fine, and it continued to work over a few firmware updates. However at some point it stopped working. Now I cannot use it or set new finger print settings. Now when I try to change the finger print setting I get the following. Manage fingerprints - confirm your pattern - I do that twice. Then I see a message "FINGERPRINT (SET LOCK SCREEN PASSWORD BEFORE USING IT" I have tried removing the lock screen password, and re-applying it but I have never got the fingerprint setting sequence to work. I was going to ask for a recommendation on how best to wipe the phone and start over again using the latest build in order to clean the system and try to get the fingerprint sensor working again.

STOP PRESS! Whilst writing the above I tried to set the fingerprint in order to write down the not working sequence. Heavens above. It now WORKS!

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_7.4.14_v8-6.0
Unlocked bootloader + SuperSU + Xposed + Power Nap + xMIUI

I can now use the fingerprint sensor again, it is working fine.

[QUOTE = "ChrisAn, post: 363101, member: 173938"] Olá,
Parece que meu mi5s desenvolveu um defeito, como o scanner de impressões digitais no meu telefone parou de funcionar. Inicialmente, teve problemas para ler impressões digitais armazenadas, então eu decidi removê-las e adicioná-las novamente. No entanto, não consegui armazenar com sucesso minhas fringerprints desde então. Sempre que tento adicionar uma nova impressão digital, não se inscreve, não importa quantas vezes eu tente. Na verdade, eu consegui armazenar minha impressão digital uma vez, mas depois desbloqueou aleatoriamente sem que eu tocasse o dispositivo, enquanto outras vezes quando coloquei meu dedo no scanner para desbloqueá-lo, o dispositivo não responderia, como Se não registrar meu dedo. Eu tentei tanto o 8.0.8 oficial como o rom chinês 8.2, bem como a última ROM da Xiaomi.eu, sem sorte. Alguma pessoa experimentou esse problema? Se então, Você conseguiu resolvê-lo? Abaixo está um pequeno vídeo de mim tentando registrar uma impressão digital. Por favor, desculpe a filmagem tremendo, enquanto eu segurava a câmera com a mão esquerda
/ Watch? V = cTcyXMxCFi0 [/ QUOTE]

Oi amigo, você pode resolver o problema? Porque meus mi5s apresentaram o mesmo problema

pareil meme probleme avec le fingersprint mi5s .....
j'ai essayer toutes les rom tous bugger xiaomi.eu xiaomi.en .. la seul qui fonctionne c'est la global

The only rom that works well with the fingerprint reader .... is the GLOBAL Stable 8.2.1.0 when you go to work on the fingerprint reader ????? All roms are bugger except it ........

Incredible...they build a Rom with working fingerprint, and after that they build buggy Versionen again??? Bullshit....

Same issue here, it worked and suddenly stopped working, anyome confirm that it works on 8.2.1?Currently on 8.5.3.0 global (latest stable)

Checked- downgrading the system, after a full wipe chqnges nothing :(
I tried locking thr bootllader earlier- no fix either.

Well, now that I killed my screen (and almost the ehole phone) by dropping it in milkwater :eek:
I will report back when I replace the thing, the problem I'm facing now is that nobody stocks the damn thing :/ only the "oem screen assembly" or original one for 150$ which is way too much, anyone knows if gluing the fingerprint sensor replacement from aliexpress with epoxy to a screen assembly will work?