[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 11 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.3.19

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

I am starting a series to discuss what's new and bugs happening in Xiaomi.EU beta ROMs. It will be helpful if some of you can report and confirmed the issue here to official Xiaomi.EU website. So without further ado, let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Updated security patch to March 2020.
Latest Android security patch level were integrated (2020-03-01)
forum.php

2. New and improved App Behavior feature.
App behavior logs most of the behavior performed by installed apps. It also includes permission usage reminders on status bar to alert the user whenever apps are using permission in background.
forum.php

forum.php

Annoyed by the permission usage reminder?
You can turn it off by disabling all the options in 'Permissions' submenu of App behavior on each apps.

3. Clipboard permission protection feature.
Now each app can be configured to allow or denied in accessing and making changes on the clipboard.
forum.php

4. App Vault now support dark mode.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
1. Screen time text does not have spaces between the words.

BUGS FIXED
- None

REMAINING BUGS
1. Data usage settings do not follow SIM Card choice.

2. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

Really love the dark mode support of App Vault! In my opinion, App behavior can be much better in future like having more simplistic approach to view the logs. Its currently full of text logs which is a hassle to read. Maybe providing some graph like interface will help :)

Last edited:
Thanks cuz you're reminding me of something, in the official changelog we can see that they fixed the issue 'Status bar was displayed abnormally when Global Dark Mode was on', I wonder what is the fix? Because the status bar is still dark when we use force dark mode on unsupported apps Can anyone explain @ingbrzy @Igor Eisberg
Ask Xiaomi.

I have troubles with white in the main screen (change to dark blue or blue), the solution was turn off dark mode

I don't know what happened but since 20.3.12, i have faced an issue that photo taken from Google_Camera takes a long time to show in gallery, 1~10 minutes. It happned eventhought i tried different Google_Camera builds & clean flash.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened but since 20.3.12, i have faced an issue that photo taken from Google_Camera takes a long time to show in gallery, 1~10 minutes. It happned eventhought i tried different Google_Camera builds & clean flash.
just use a file explorer app until you see on gallery

Do you guys have icons issues in Ultra battery saving mode? The icons there are ugly. It wasnt like this if I remember correctly. I tried reinstalling rom, clearing cache, data, whatever but it is still like this. I use the default theme.
The dialer icon is just a green generic icon. It would be great if they would use the theme icons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-23-17-20-20-284_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-23-17-20-20-284_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_2020-03-23-17-20-24-613_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-23-17-20-24-613_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys have icons issues in Ultra battery saving mode? The icons there are ugly. It wasnt like this if I remember correctly. I tried reinstalling rom, clearing cache, data, whatever but it is still like this. I use the default theme.
The dialer icon is just a green generic icon. It would be great if they would use the theme icons.
Hmm its strange because my dialer icon looks fine

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_224349.jpg
    IMG_20200323_224349.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 258
Hmm its strange because my dialer icon looks fine
Yes. That's how mine used to look like even the camera's icon. The only thing I did on my phone was delete the xiaomieu's custom icons folder(miui_mod_icons?? forgot the name) using twrp and some debloating. But reinstallation of the rom didnt fix it even though it restored that folder. It would be great if I learn where these icons are placed.

Ive been through a lot of updates since 20.1.16 and this never fixed itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: haziqabgsapri
same with me

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Yes. That's how mine used to look like even the camera's icon. The only thing I did on my phone was delete the xiaomieu's custom icons folder(miui_mod_icons?? forgot the name) using twrp and some debloating. But reinstallation of the rom didnt fix it even though it restored that folder. It would be great if I learn where these icons are placed.

Ive been through a lot of updates since 20.1.16 and this never fixed itself.
same with me, iam also delete that folder to get the original icon, maybe clean install will fix this issues.

same with me, iam also delete that folder to get the original icon, maybe clean install will fix this issues.

Ohh okay thanks. So we should just delete the icons we dont like manually and not the whole folder in the next update. But what if we dont want to clean install? Any alternatives?

Ohh okay thanks. So we should just delete the icons we dont like manually and not the whole folder in the next update. But what if we dont want to clean install? Any alternatives?
I also like you, reinstalling the rom is not solve the problem even the folder is there and icon back to eu style. I think maybe after we delete the folder in first place it messing with others icon. the last solution is to do clean install and just use the eu icon style.

i already try clear data and cache for battery and performance but still ultra batery saver not using the right icon. maybe @Igor Eisberg can help us. For information, i already reinstalling the rom and the icon is using the miui.eu style but when using the ultra battery saver the icon is not right. hope you can help us.

i already try clear data and cache for battery and performance but still ultra batery saver not using the right icon. maybe @Igor Eisberg can help us. For information, i already reinstalling the rom and the icon is using the miui.eu style but when using the ultra battery saver the icon is not right. hope you can help us.

Seems like the Ultra battery saver mode is using the apps' default (unthemed) icons. Nothing I can do about that, really.

Seems like the Ultra battery saver mode is using the apps' default (unthemed) icons. Nothing I can do about that, really.
But how do we restore it to the point where it was fine? It was fine we just messed up by deleting the mod icon folder but reinstallation do not fix it. It just restores the folder and app icons but the icons for ultra battery saver mode isnt restored or was the act of deleting that folder the reason why were having this or it is an entirely different reason? What do you suggest that we do?

But how do we restore it to the point where it was fine? It was fine we just messed up by deleting the mod icon folder but reinstallation do not fix it. It just restores the folder and app icons but the icons for ultra battery saver mode isnt restored or was the act of deleting that folder the reason why were having this or it is an entirely different reason? What do you suggest that we do?
i think if we find ultra battery save mode apps or apk then we can clear cache. maybe there some glitch because we delete the folder.

Hi ! Thanks for review.
For App Behavior when I click on App check permission I have a page but all in Chinese and don't know what I do !?
They had three choice on the top and one choice on the second.
It's possible to stop App check permission or it's just information ?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-21-15-58-59-559_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-21-15-58-59-559_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 162
Hi ! Thanks for review.
For App Behavior when I click on App check permission I have a page but all in Chinese and don't know what I do !?
They had three choice on the top and one choice on the second.
It's possible to stop App check permission or it's just information ?
Thanks
Make sure that you uninstall any update of app behavior.
Screenshot_2020-03-25-18-50-30-356_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg