- Aug 16, 2019
I am starting a series to discuss what's new and bugs happening in Xiaomi.EU beta ROMs. It will be helpful if some of you can report and confirmed the issue here to official Xiaomi.EU website. So without further ado, let's get started!
1. Improved Dark Mode compatibility and options.
MIUI dark mode has been improved with the support of individual apps dark mode adjustment and improve status bar color scheme when dark mode is enabled.
2. Redesigned animation on Calendar app.
The animation is much more dynamic when swiping up and down through calendar views.
3. Lite mode feature was reintroduced.
Lite mode will increase the size of screen density, font, and icons for easier and accessible experience especially for elders.
4. Rebranded Power Monitoring tool in Developer Options.
Power monitoring tools include FPS monitor and also current battery monitoring tool.
1. Individual apps dark mode settings were reset on each reboot.
2. Forcing dark mode on system-wide level caused some UI elements to render improperly.
Quick ball appearance is one of the example that was affected by the newly introduce dark mode option. System app dark mode can't be excluded causing no solution to fix the appearance unless the dark mode was turned off.
1. Screen time does not have spaces between the words.
2. Data usage settings do not follow SIM Card choice.
3. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).
Seems like this is the final beta of MIUI 11. It's so fast! And we can see they are focusing more on dark mode improvement now which is one of the primary goals of upcoming MIUI 12. There are some bugs and inconsistencies here and there but I am sure they will fix it in the forthcoming MIUI 12 update. Another note though, dark mode on Funtouch OS and Color OS is great, they can force dark mode without noticeable UI glitches, not like MIUI current solution on dark mode (e.g. Facebook). I hope MIUI can implement that later on.
See you again in the next update! It has been a long journey