[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.4.30

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Dark Mode 2.0
Upgraded and improve dark mode engine which now capables to darken various unsupported apps, smooth switching and adjust contrast and font-weight automatically.
forum.php

2. Redesigned notification shade and new Control Center.
Notifications are now separated with quick settings which are called as Control Center.
Control Center also includes customizable data viewing ranging from mobile data, steps and daily phone usage time.
Swipe left to expand notifications and swipe right to expand Control Center.
forum.php
forum.php

3. Whole new full-screen gestures navigation system with updated Recents screen.
Swipe the pill left or right to switch between apps. Swipe up and hold for recent and swipe up for home screen. New floating window feature.
forum.php

4. New MIUI design language.
Most of UI elements are now updated to match with new MIUI 12 design language.
forum.php
forum.php

5. Floating windows feature.
Swipe down floating notification to read messages in floating window. Hold and swipe up to make current window floating.
More gestures in Settings Special features Floating window.
forum.php

6. Super Wallpaper
New super wallpaper feature that dynamically changes AOD, lock screen and home screen theme to beautiful scenery of Earth or Mars.
forum.php

7. Upgraded Always-On-Display feature.
Now capable to choose a lots of dynamic and downlaodable AOD skins that match with your style.
forum.php

8. Enchanced privacy protection.
Added Virtual ID technology and more details permission usage statistics.
forum.php

9. Updated system apps.
Gallery provides easier arrangement of albums and support pan and zoom on video,
Health app shows more detail statistics and powerful and much more apps updated.
forum.php

10. Improve battery usage statistics.
Now include time range selector and easier SOT and Standby viewing.
forum.php

11. Redesigned Screen Time feature.
Much powerful and detail screen time management.
forum.php

12. Dynamic and smoother screen rotation.
MIUI now smoothly animate the screen rotation of device when viewing videos and opening apps.

13. View bluetooth device battery percentage at App Vault

14. Added new lock screen style.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
1. Volume control sensitivity is too low.
User has to swipe up/down with lots of effort to turn up/down the volume sliders.
Alternatively, user can press the voume keys to quickly change the volume.

2. Notifications buttons padding incorrectly displayed (Can be clearly seen at floating notification and notification shade)
forum.php

3. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be displayed in small PiP window.

4. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

5. Performance issues (Subjective, needs confirmation)
New navigation gestures system sometimes feels sluggish compared to previous generation gesture.
Steps tried: Clean and dirty flash on Mi 8 (dipper TWRP 3.3.1-2 mauronorio)

BUGS FIXED
- Fix
data usage settings do not follow SIM card choices issue.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

Greeting guys! Been long time since I review beta ROMs and here it comes, MIUI 12!

This is the first version of the new MIUI so its to be expected to have lots of bugs and glitches.
Anyone face same performance issue like me too? I hope the future builds will solve this.
Anyway, gotta say that pan and zoom on video support is the one I've been waiting long time ago
and they deliver it! Great job Xiaomi and Xiaomi.EU developers :D

Heya! Nice review!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I really cannot find super wallpapers! I'm on Mi 9T, why does this happen? :(

Thanks man! Your post are appreciated. Think that I'll wait a couple of iterations before updating to 12.

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

can i know do you have this problem? status bar not visible when in chrome when using dark mode
2dee2a962de719bf1f5ab3228365e6fe.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Ooh. Im curious as to why your gmail didn't use the icon xiaomi.eu put. I assume this is what happened
1. You didnt have Gmail installed
2. Opened ultra battery saver mode without touching the miui_mod_icons while you already have Chrome and Photos installed.
3. You modified the miui_mod_icons folder.
4. Opened the Ultra battery saver mode.
5. Then there you go.
Is that correct?
Then there you have Youtube vanced with the mask and it isn't square since there was no square youtube vanced icons in the zip nor xiaomi.eu. So basically it makes icons have curved edges unless it has a square icon like that chrome and photos in the miui_mod_icons.

Ooh. Im curious as to why your gmail didn't use the icon xiaomi.eu put. I assume this is what happened
2. Opened ultra battery saver mode without touching the miui_mod_icons while you already have Chrome and Photos installed.
5. Then there you go.
Is that correct?
Then there you have Youtube vanced with the mask and it isn't square since there was no square youtube vanced icons in the zip nor xiaomi.eu. So basically it makes icons have curved edges unless it has a square icon like that chrome and photos in the miui_mod_icons or it doesnt put mask if an icon is already present in the miui_mod_icons.

Anyway I tested and here are my test results:
NOTE: All apps are first time installation and thus the first time they appeared in ultra battery saver mode. The miui_mod_icons folder I use is the same as the zip above but removed some app icons that I dont use and will never AFAIK but didnt touch the icons_mask.png etc..

1. Opera news - I deleted miui_mod_icons before I opened the ultra bttry savr mode.
2. Spotify lite - I have miui_mod_icons folder WITH a spotify lite icon inside. And the icon that appeared in ultra battery saver mode is identical to the icon inside.
3. VPNhub - I have the miui_mod_icons folder but NO vpnhub icons inside.

Reactions: Đỗ Xuân Khánh
5. Then there you go.
Is that correct?
Then there you have Youtube vanced with the mask and it isn't square since there was no square youtube vanced icons in the zip nor xiaomi.eu. So basically it makes icons have curved edges unless it has a square icon like that chrome and photos in the miui_mod_icons.
I installed Gmail before enter Ultral Saving, as i remember, Gmail had it icon from begining, not Xiaomi.eu one.