[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.4.30

This is weird my icons are different than yours. Theyre icons are still in the miui_mod_icons. I guess something changed in miui12 in how they handle it. I actually am using xiaomieu stable 11.0.7.0 back from 20.4.30.
Ill switch back when it becomes more stable-ish.

Reactions: Đỗ Xuân Khánh
Two bugs on Mi9:
I locked two apps in 'recent apps' but next day recent apps were clear. After opening the apps the lock appears next to the app. There is something wrong.

Created icons with "Awesome Icons", with chrome and created widget with "Digital clock widget Xperia" disappear after some time. For me they disappeared after the night.

i just realize in this version the app icon is messed up. There are also have whatsapp icon miui.eu version and original icon. hope developer can stick to original icon in next update. @Igor Eisberg
6c5a321a42d1db935f7ac61b5d43795e.jpg
f66609425019709fda026c24e79c7522.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Maybe they should just remove the 3rd party app icon modifications they use. Btw can I see your ultra battery svr app icons? Thanks. Do you have those thin circular white borders on apps that do not have icons on miui_mod_icons?

Maybe they should just remove the 3rd party app icon modifications they use. Btw can I see your ultra battery svr app icons? Thanks. Do you have those thin circular white borders on apps that do not have icons on miui_mod_icons?
agree..they should just remove the 3rd party app icon modification. Yes, i have that those circular white boarders on apps.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aguslarca
This has nothing to do with us.

We don't use any "3rd party app icon modification" on MIUI 12.
What I mean is 3rd party app icons not 3rd party app icon modifier. Currently miui_mod_icons folder has lots of icons for 3rd party apps and system apps so it makes ultra battery saver mode icons inconsistent like some icons are square, squircle. Now I believe miui12 makes the icons have squircle shape with thin white borders for apps that do not have icons in miui_mod_icons folder. Forgot the word for this but it's just so pleasant to look at when everything's following a standard like all of system apps are squircles though 3rd party apps are squircles too but with thin white borders.

Is the Themes app(English) translation fine in 20.4.30? Im still using miui11 and some texts in Themes app are chinese most notably if you use the search. Do we have a place for suggestion for translation(English) edits or where we can contribute?

Reactions: Đỗ Xuân Khánh
In some elements, like unreaded messages in Whatsapp, Telegram, or Gmail, bold font is not displayed. It showed as the regular font.

This issue happens with default font, or any font installed through themes app.