[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.8.13

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,

Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. New super wallpaper addition.
Jupiter Saturn super wallpaper added alongside Mars and Earth.
forum.php

2 Improved numerous Gallery features.
Added new Night sky filters, signature, text recognition and redesigned Memories tab.
forum.php
forum.php
forum.php

3. Added heart rate module in Xiaomi Health.
Manually or connect to smart devices to calculate your heart rate.
forum.php

4. Added smart device control shortcuts on Control Center.
User can add shortcuts for smart device if it is available.
forum.php

5. Rename certain UI elements in Notifications submenu.
Shorter and simpler name for Lock screen, floating and badges buttons.
forum.php

6. New pointer design.
Can be seen when recording videos using show touch gesture option and turning on the toggle in Developer settings.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- None (yet)

BUGS FIXED
1. Same as listed down on official changelog.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Floating notification missing shadow underneath it.
Difficult to read the floating notification especially when on any apps that use light theme (e.g. Settings).

2. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be activated properly in small PiP window (When using full screen gestures).

3. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

Good update so far. I am wondering is it possible to connect Mi Band 4 to Xiaomi Health application?

SD845 devices end of beta builds:
21 days left

Last edited:

@Igor Eisberg, there is still font problem in Facebook and Messenger. People's name in comments aren't bold. In Messenger, Unread messages aren't bold. Facing this issue since last update.

It is sad that the end of beta for mi 8 is coming. Will you switch to review of Stable versions after?
Not sure yet. Might consider another custom ROM as well.

Hey,what about battery drain?also it is smooth now in app transitions and the scroll down for the panel?
The battery usage pretty much the same with all the past versions. Not having so great battery life especially during standby (android.system.suspend@1.0 kinda bothering). The control center performance is still slower and laggy when its first opened (e.g restart) and also when in certain heavy usage scenarios. As I remember, we does used to have faster and smoother control center in one of the past MIUI 12 beta which I really like to have before the end of our device :/

Not sure yet. Might consider another custom ROM as well.

The battery usage pretty much the same with all the past versions. Not having so great battery life especially during standby (android.system.suspend@1.0 kinda bothering). The control center performance is still slower and laggy when its first opened (e.g restart) and also when in certain heavy usage scenarios. As I remember, we does used to have faster and smoother control center in one of the past MIUI 12 beta which I really like to have before the end of our device :/
But will this barrery drain problem and laggy things be fixed before end of support in September? I try stab e Rom and still have this issues...

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

But will this barrery drain problem and laggy things be fixed before end of support in September? I try stab e Rom and still have this issues...

Try doing these in adb AFTER installing ALL the apps that you use.

adb devices

Adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job

adb shell pm disable-user com.android.traceur

The first command takes quite a long time. I use the stable version and I dont have battery issues. I'm not sure if this is just a placebo effect but please do try.

Try doing these in adb AFTER installing ALL the apps that you use.

adb devices

Adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job

adb shell pm disable-user com.android.traceur

The first command takes quite a long time. I use the stable version and I dont have battery issues. I'm not sure if this is just a placebo effect but please do try.
Hi thx for this
I'm back on beta this week. I notice that for me the battery is very used during a phone call. For exemple I can loose 10 % after less than 60 second call. I hope this issue will be fixed before September

Hi ! Floating windows doesn't work now for youtube !? It work before.

And any dev can make the mod notch notification for mi 8 ******** stop it I think do change the status bar xml on Res folder miuisystemui but I can't success it.

And last question if dev stop for mi 8 on september they had no Android 11 for it but miui 13 it same ? I don't understand why the mi 6 get more développement ???