New [Mi 9 20.1.9] Phone freezes screen & buttons then eventually reboots

Chis1

Members
May 16, 2019
While using the phone or running Android Auto, every few days it will lock up. The screen stays active but doesn't respond. The power and volume buttons have no effect. If left for ~3 mins, the phone reboots. Otherwise I need to reboot manually by long-holding power.

This problem can happen when using any app.
I suspect it's just an input problem because I think I still got notification noises when the phone was in this state.

While using the phone or running Android Auto, every few days it will lock up. The screen stays active but doesn't respond. The power and volume buttons have no effect. If left for ~3 mins, the phone reboots. Otherwise I need to reboot manually by long-holding power.

This problem can happen when using any app.
I suspect it's just an input problem because I think I still got notification noises when the phone was in this state.
Same issue for me. Have to disable aod

Didn't think I was using AOD - nothing on the screen when idle, but does turn on when notifications arrive or I raise it. The fingerprint sensor does light up when I press on that area.

All this is to work out whether I am using AOD and not to do with when the phone is misbehaving.

Didn't think I was using AOD - nothing on the screen when idle, but does turn on when notifications arrive or I raise it. The fingerprint sensor does light up when I press on that area.

All this is to work out whether I am using AOD and not to do with when the phone is misbehaving.
Turned my aod on and all the issues came back. Might be something else. Hmmm