Mi 9 macro mode isn´t available in stable rom

Justajoe

Members
Jun 26, 2018
I´ve checked and it´s a feature that isn´t in the menus, also I thought that the stable version would be updated regularly but my impression it´s been over a month since the last update. Are we getting the macro mode anytime soon? how offten the stable rom it´s going to be updated?

Should be there depending on the Stable you are running... Select '"Photo" then in the top right menu it should be listed there as the 7th option. Perhaps the stable ROM we provide did not include that newer feature yet. Some of the Stable ROMS perhaps didn't get updated so perhaps you could share which version of the stable ROM you are using?

I´m running V10.2.10.0 (stable) on a 64gb Mi 9. I´ve follow the instructions that you gave me and there is not a 7th option, I forgot to thanks the devs for the great work!

Have you had it before?
I'm on the Global version and I have that option. When I was the Chinese stable ROM also I had it
fb6a053325d85bd43031dbcec52d4c85.jpg
519c51c6e461494242b9886a9d343b23.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

It seems that for some reason I´m missing some features, maybe I should wait for a software upgrade

So there is not 10.3 stable for the Mi 9 at the moment? I expected to be one of the first getting the updates since it´s a new model.

So there is not 10.3 stable for the Mi 9 at the moment? I expected to be one of the first getting the updates since it´s a new model.
Latest Stable (non-GLOBAL is 10.2.25.0) for Global I am not sure off hand for the Mi 9.

I have just bought the Xiaomi 9t and the Macro feature is missing here too although I've just updated the system. My phone is running the 10.3.12 stable.
Any update on this one soon??

Just use wide lens.

The macro mode is mostly a shortcut to the wide lens for people that don't know that the Mi 9 has a triple camera + dual lens (wide/macro 2-in-1). Other phones can have a wide lens that can't do macro because its too wide.

The macro mode shouldn't have any integrated corrections or software optimization, as the distortion is mostly when shooting far away and not macro mode.

Just use wide lens.

The macro mode is mostly a shortcut to the wide lens for people that don't know that the Mi 9 has a triple camera + dual lens (wide/macro 2-in-1). Other phones can have a wide lens that can't do macro because its too wide.

The macro mode shouldn't have any integrated corrections or software optimization, as the distortion is mostly when shooting far away and not macro mode.
Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately the camera doesn't focus at all in a close-up in the wide lense mode. Anything else I can try? It's pretty frustrating as I've been using a Samsung S5 that took macros without any problems.

Add light & take picture at 1cm minimum.
Here is a picture of the end of a pen (1mm) using wide lens

Buy a microscope if you want to go closer, or... just crop & zoom on the image after you've taken it.

There is a limit to the Mi 9, and you won't be able to take pictures of Mars with it...............