[Mi-9;MIUI 10] Spam-SMS

Rubyurek

Members
Apr 17, 2019
I have a serious question here:
I have never received a spam SMS. Neither with the original Xiaomi version or with LineageOS. Why do I get spam SMS with your ROM?

I never clicked on a AD (i use Adaway) and i download only apps from the play store.

I have never received a spam SMS. Neither with the original Xiaomi version or with LineageOS. Why do I get spam SMS with your ROM?

I never clicked on a AD (i use Adaway) and i download only apps from the play store.
View attachment 24531
I wouldn't blame the rom. Most likely database got cracked or some site with your details got cracked.

Simple answer. You get SMS spam because you have an active GMS card. Spammers can check via WhatsApp, Telegram etc. for active mobile numbers. Or spammers get huge blocks of numbers directly from regulatory authorities e.g. the German Bundesnetzagentur.

There is no need to hack ROMs or suppose conspiracy...

Reactions: cobray2
OP, Please think before wild accusations are posted regarding our ROMs security principals.

Thanks.