[Mi 9] no Updates anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tools did not decide that they won't support MIUI 10.2 "anymore". You did. Your predictions as to china stable moving to 10.3 were simply wrong. How on earth should we blame miui.com? Should we cry: "Please update china stable to 10.3 or newer because xiaomi.eu devs decided to drop their support for 10.2?".

Too proud to admit that your decision wasn't that brilliant and you left Mi9 stable users with no support for half a year?

We’re talking about STABLE release here. Not weekly, developer, beta etc. with latest features, bells & whistles. We, stable users, don’t care whether 10.2 is obsolete or not. There were many china stable Mi9 updates for 10.2 since March the most important being security patches and bugs corrections.

You just effectively excluded Mi9 stable users from Xiaomi.ue community.
Reading through your comments made me want to vomit. How dare you.
Do you know how many hours we put into keeping simultaneous support for V10.3, V10.4, V10.5 and yes, even V11.0 which wasn't released to the public - all of these major iterations are supported and maintained at the same time, for absolutely no cost to anyone on this forum, including yourself.
Xiaomi couldn't be bothered to give their customers, who paid them for their device and the OS updates, a decent Stable update to at least V10.3 in a long time, keeping them stuck on late 2018/early 2019 code base and apps, and yet you spout your rage at us and blatantly expect us to sacrifice our valuable time to support ancient code just because you feel entitled for it? Go get your updates elsewhere, yeah?

Do you know how many hours we put into keeping simultaneous support for V10.3, V10.4, V10.5 and yes, even V11.0 which wasn't released to the public - all of these major iterations are supported and maintained at the same time, for absolutely no cost to anyone on this forum, including yourself.
Xiaomi couldn't be bothered to give their customers, who paid them for their device and the OS updates, a decent Stable update to at least V10.3 in a long time, keeping them stuck on late 2018/early 2019 code base and apps, and yet you spout your rage at us and blatantly expect us to sacrifice our valuable time to support ancient code just because you feel entitled for it? Go get your updates elsewhere, yeah?
Very good response!
I think there is a misundrestanding that people thinks the Xiaomi.eu community is Xiaomi support and they can blame here.
I think is would be great to alert new users that this community is not from official Xiaomi team

And keep rock dev.
Thanks,

Oh yes, there is a serious misunderstanding here.

All I asked is to renew xiaomi.eu support for stable Mi9 releases, which has been abandoned due to devs decision here.

All I got was pure hate. Still the same answers about free work, no cost, how many hours of work devs put here, shut up & wait, go away etc. What are you trying to say? That if you kindly gave something for free and then took it back leaving Mi9 stable owners helpless, we cannot even ask why we were abandoned? Cannot ask for support other devices have? Because it's free?

Xiaomi is still updating their 10.2 with latest security patches and bug corrections. You - ARE NOT. The most ridiculus thing is that you tried to convince us, that it was their faullt, not yours. Half a year with no support for stable Mi9 is a direct result of your decision to leave 10.2 behind. You did it knowing that some devices still remain at 10.2.

I don't know why chinese decided to stay at 10.2 for Mi9. Maybe it's already "old" code. But they still update it cotrary to your expectations to move to higher versions. Your expectations turned to be wrong and here we are, with zero support.

Thank you very much, devs. Thanks for all fellow Mi9 users for all hate I got from you too.

Last edited:
I think you guys are doing great and appreciate the things you do for free in your own time. Very happy with all the weekly updates. Keep up the good work team

I think the "misunderstanding" here is to blame the developers for a "fault" or a "mistake". Instead, they made a decision. One can like it or not, but since we all profit from their work and do not have to give something back, you cannot demand or make them responsible for your own disappointment. You paid for Xiaomi support. Using their stuff is, in a way, your "right" or what you can expect. Everything beyond is a present from enthusiastic fans. If the developers retired tomorrow, we would all simply have to accept it, because they are free to decide. And no, there would be nothing taken away from you. The developers have no obligation to do anything. You think you cannot be "forced" to simply use a beta or wait? But they shall be forced to update according to your wishes? This imbalance is what the developers rightly complain about. Just my two bits.

Together with a big thanks to the developers - please keep up the great work!

At least you agreed it's their decision to abandon support for Mi9 stable releases. Now imagine they did it for weekly Mi9, what would you do? Especially if ALL other smartphones still get support? Don't you think that asking "why" and asking "please renew it" is really someting you "don't dare" to do as one of the devs said? It has nothing to do with any obligation, it's just a matter of a simple honesty.

I don't demand nothing as you may think. Just ASKING for bringing back support for a Mi9, not an ancient device, but a current Xiaomi flagship. And please, stop talk about my "wishes" as if it was only wish of a single person. Didn't you notice how many users here keep asking what happened to Mi9 stable? They were told they should blame chinese for that. What devs did not tell them was that it was xiaomi.eu decision to leave them behind.

As almost every post on forum ends with thanks for devs I see no reason for them to feel underappreciated. I say thank you for a ROM from March '19 and even thank you for your decision to abandon Mi9 stable. Do you feel better now?

Last MIUI 10 for update to MIUI 11

Gửi từ SM-G977N của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Now imagine they did it for weekly Mi9, what would you do? Especially if ALL other smartphones still get support? ....

... And please, stop talk about my "wishes" as if it was only wish of a single person. Didn't you notice how many users here keep asking what happened to Mi9 stable? ...

I say thank you ... Do you feel better now?
1st: I would ask, but not complain if this was their decision. Support for other phones is such a decision as well. This doesn't give me less or more right to ask for anything more or less.
2nd: I will certainly not stop to speak about your wishes, especially if the thread is about these. Yes, others have the same or similar wishes. I have never questioned that.
3rd: It is not about me or you or whoever "feels better". It is, over all, less about what you say, but how you say it. As simple as that.

Thanks bro, at least we can talk reasonably. Your're right that the way I say things is a kind of issue here. But I did not start it this way, back way in "stable releases" thread. I started to sound this way when I realised that xiaomi.eu devs are trying to make fools of me and other Mi9 stable users directing us to chinese blame them for lack of xiaomi.eu support. Also, one of the devs here obviously lost his temper and after having said, what he said to me, just declared, that the rules of decent behaviour on forum apply to regular users, not to him(!) Would you believe that?
Now you know the context.

I simply believe than providing free services* doesn't mean one can treat people with no respect.
(even the top quality, hard work).

I'm sorry to developers and all users for the way I said all this.

Thanks bro, at least we can talk reasonably. Your're right that the way I say things is a kind of issue here. But I did not start it this way, back way in "stable releases" thread. I started to sound this way when I realised that xiaomi.eu devs are trying to make fools of me and other Mi9 stable users directing us to chinese blame them for lack of xiaomi.eu support. Also, one of the devs here obviously lost his temper and after having said, what he said to me, just declared, that the rules of decent behaviour on forum apply to regular users, not to him(!) Would you believe that?
Now you know the context.

I simply believe than providing free services* doesn't mean one can treat people with no respect.
(even the top quality, hard work).

I'm sorry to developers and all users for the way I said all this.
Please, read that:
and stop bothering us.

The topic of this thread is „[Mi9] no Updates anymore”

To some people here, especially weekly rom users: if you are not interested in this, please go away. If you want to praise the devs for weekly builds – feel free to create your own topic just for praises. If you don’t know how to do it, I can create one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.