New [Mi Max 2 / 8.11.29 and 8.12.6] Email widget is missing

Michael_K

Members
Feb 3, 2016
Device: Mi Max 2
Rom: 8.11.29 and 8.12.6
Problem: After updating from 8.11.22 to 8.11.29 on homescreen the widget of the (stock) email app is missing.

I can not re-install it because I can not select it in the list of widgets - email widget(s) are not listed. They are lost / not included in the list.
For me it was a really useful and importand widget. Now I can not see unread emails on homescreen.

Please can anybody with Mi Max 2 device spend a minute to check and maybe confirm this ? (tap on an empty area of homescreen and hold / tap widgets button / have a look for the email widgets in the list - do you see can you select them ?)

Thanks, friends !

Last edited:
Device: Mi Max 2
Rom: 8.11.29
Problem: After updating from 8.11.22 to 8.11.29 on homescreen the widget of the (stock) email app is missing.

I can not re-install it because I can not select it in the list of widgets - email widget(s) are not listed. They are lost / not included in the list.
For me it was a really useful and importand widget. Now I can not see unread emails on homescreen.

Please can anybody with Mi Max 2 device spend a minute to check and maybe confirm this ? (tap on an empty area of homescreen and hold / tap widgets button / have a look for the email widgets in the list - do you see can you select them ?)

Thanks, friends !

Hi!
Indeed, I don't have stock e-mail widget, but I don't use this app ever, so it doesn't bother me
I also have all widgets from third-party mail apps.

Reactions: Michael_K
Hello!
Do you have any troubles with this ROM (8.12.6) ?
Most of my apps dont start, and, for example, app "Contacts" says me, that it doesn't exist:(
No. Did not recognize such problems. "Contacts" are ok. No differences detected to 8.11.29 (till now)

How did you install this update?
Via Updater? And clean or dirty install?
Thank you.
Manual update. Dirty install. No additional wipes.
(Manual download -> boot into TWRP -> full backup -> batch installation of 8.12.6 and Magisk 17.3 -> reboot)

Last edited:
Manual Update. Dirty install. No additional wipes.
(Manual Download -> Boot into Twrp -> full Backup -> batch Installation of 8.12.6 and Magisk 17.3 -> reboot)

hmmm... I've done the same thing, but without Magisk.
However, thanks for your fast answer!