New Mi Mix 2 Bricks Overnight, White Flashing Led (edl?)

Weltraumjunge

Members
Oct 11, 2017
Hey, how this happened:

Device is on 18-03-15 weekly firmware. Before the night I tried to update the firmware in the updater app. I pressed "Download" but the updater crashed immediately before even starting to download and I didn't try again.

My Mi Mix 2 was playing an Audible audiobook with the apps sleep timer on, which pauses the audiobook. Throughout the night it was plugged into my Anker usb charger through an Anker brand usb cable. After I woke up:
  • the screen is black
  • it does not turn on whatever I press
  • no sound
  • status led is blinking white with a frequency of 1blink/s
  • replugging it to charger just starts blinking the led again
  • pressing power or volume buttons makes the led blink
  • trying to enter recovery does nothing
A quick Goggle suggested my device is now in EDL mode.

Update: After plugging it into my MacBook charger it just kept blinking white but eventually it turned on with low battery warning displayed. Is this white blinking normal behaviour to indicate an empty battery? It took at least 5-10 minutes before anything showed up on the screen and the phone was plugged in the whole night.

I'm gonna charge it up to around 30% and then try to boot.

Update 2: I was able to start it without an issue.

Last edited:
Hey, how this happened:

Device is on 18-03-15 weekly firmware. Before the night I tried to update the firmware in the updater app. I pressed "Download" but the updater crashed immediately before even starting to download and I didn't try again.

My Mi Mix 2 was playing an Audible audiobook with the apps sleep timer on, which pauses the audiobook. Throughout the night it was plugged into my Anker usb charger through an Anker brand usb cable. After I woke up:
  • the screen is black
  • it does not turn on whatever I press
  • no sound
  • status led is blinking white with a frequency of 1blink/s
  • replugging it to charger just starts blinking the led again
  • pressing power or volume buttons makes the led blink
  • trying to enter recovery does nothing
A quick Goggle suggested my device is now in EDL mode.

Update: After plugging it into my MacBook charger it just kept blinking white but eventually it turned on with low battery warning displayed. Is this white blinking normal behaviour to indicate an empty battery? It took at least 5-10 minutes before anything showed up on the screen and the phone was plugged in the whole night.

I'm gonna charge it up to around 30% and then try to boot.

Update 2: I was able to start it without an issue.
What happend?