New Mi Note 10 (Pro) After formating data in any custom recovery only fastboot is possible

ernestorw

Members
Dec 6, 2019
I'm now on miui_TUCANAEEAGlobal_V11.0.17 and want and could install twrp-3.3.1-3-tucana-mauronofrio or recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-1118-XIAOMI_CC9PRO-CN-wzsx150 using fastboot and can restart into recovery. When I execute the command "Format Data" I end in the fastboot-mode and a reinstallation of any - even stock- recovery fails and the device remains in fastboot.
What can I do?

Perhaps tout can try a reinstallation un fastboot mode with the miui Rom.
I haved had this problem after i haved restored my system with TWRP all was blocked excepted Fastboot.

I did this before using the Mi-Flash-Tool. It worked with the help of a member of this forum. If I want to upgrade to an Android 10 Rom I should format the data but how?

I did this before using the Mi-Flash-Tool. It worked with the help of a member of this forum. If I want to upgrade to an Android 10 Rom I should format the data but how?
I'm not sure but when you boot in rescue mode (vol up + power) you can wipe the data.

The problem is not how to wipe or format data, that's working fine. The restarting in recovery or system does not work. Wiping data/internal storage is the same: only fastboot when restarting and System, Vendor + Caches are wiped, too.
Immediately after unlocking the bootloader I could do this all the first time.

Last edited:
Maybe try the latest twrp from L.R. team
I'm using it now without problems. It's 3.3.2b-0219

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_084848.jpg
    IMG_20200310_084848.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited: