New Mi note 2 stable, SIM2 goes into GSM only

icsterm

Members
Jul 2, 2018
Updated to the latest stable version : MINote2_V10.2.1.0.OADCNFK_v10-8.0

Now everytime I swap the internet enabled SIM, the 'secondary' SIM somehow gets negociated everytime into GSM only.
This didn't happen in the previous stable version, SIM2 was getting GSM/WCDMA mode properly.
The only fix is to go manually into *#*#INFO#*#* and change the SIM2 mode every time I change the data/internet SIM.

Is there a patch possible for fixing this issue without flashing weekly builds?

One of my SIM providers doesn't offer GSM coverage and it's surely a pain in the ass to change modes manually every time...

Now everytime I swap the internet enabled SIM, the 'secondary' SIM somehow gets negociated everytime into GSM only.
This didn't happen in the previous stable version, SIM2 was getting GSM/WCDMA mode properly.
The only fix is to go manually into *#*#INFO#*#* and change the SIM2 mode every time I change the data/internet SIM.

One of my SIM providers doesn't offer GSM coverage and it's surely a pain in the ass to change modes manually every time...
Thanks

What stops you from going into Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> SIM 2 -> Preferred network type and setting whichever network type you want?

Well, this bug is not present in the official MIUI, i guess i will do it manually every time.