Mi Router 3 Wifi Speed Issue

Gianmarco1996

Members
Dec 17, 2017
Hi everyone, I just got my new Xiaomi Mi router 3 English version and after the configuration I'm facing a wifi speed problem. Using the 2.4GHz band I can't go over 35Mb/s, while using LAN cable I can reach 80Mb/s. The 5GHz band is a little faster but the range is not as the other one.
Anyone who had this problem? I have currently installed "MiWiFi Stable 2.10.38", I tried both to downgrade and to install official China stable rom. If your router is faster using wifi please tell me what rom you have installed :)

Hi everyone, I just got my new Xiaomi Mi router 3 English version and after the configuration I'm facing a wifi speed problem. Using the 2.4GHz band I can't go over 35Mb/s, while using LAN cable I can reach 80Mb/s. The 5GHz band is a little faster but the range is not as the other one.
Anyone who had this problem? I have currently installed "MiWiFi Stable 2.10.38", I tried both to downgrade and to install official China stable rom. If your router is faster using wifi please tell me what rom you have installed :)
Check your WiFi channels are not over populated, download WiFi Analyzer APP and check which channels have less WiFi traffic then change accordingly in your Routers WiFi settings menu.

Reactions: Gianmarco1996
Check your WiFi channels are not over populated, download WiFi Analyzer APP and check which channels have less WiFi traffic then change accordingly in your Routers WiFi settings menu.
Thank you, I set channel 1 because there was only one network on that but I will try the others. But I think it's probably a software bug :/

I tried multiple changes on channels and other settings but the 2.4GHz network seems still buggy.
Anyone who has this router working well? Can you tell what firmware version are you using? Thank you :)

I tried multiple changes on channels and other settings but the 2.4GHz network seems still buggy.
Anyone who has this router working well? Can you tell what firmware version are you using? Thank you :)
Where is the router located? location can effect routers performance, does this happen with any other router in the same location or just the Xiaomi one?

Where is the router located? location can effect routers performance, does this happen with any other router in the same location or just the Xiaomi one?
The router is in a good position, I bought it to set some features that the original ISP modem does not support. If i put it in the same position of the original one the speed is really slow compared to it, so the problem is the Xiaomi. I think I will ask for gearbest warranty.