Resolved [Mi10][14.0.3.0] MIUI Calendar. Can't create any Birthday/Anniversary/Countdown. Shortcuts not working.

schqual

Members
Feb 24, 2022
MIUI Calendar 12.6.13

1. It won't able to add any Birthday/Anniversary/Countdown. After entering the Name and confirmation, editing page just closes with a correct "Completed" toast. Also, it won't let import contacts' birthdays with same behavior.

2. Shortcuts from main apps' menu are not working with Calendar app.

Reproducing video of both bugs: https://streamable.com/q38qoc

Last edited:
1. Works fine for me, both in English and Russian.
2. Thanks. Fixed for next release.

On 14.0.2 I experienced the same issue. Even on fresh installed with no any other apps.
Are you using Xiaomi account on your device? Because I'm not, and I have a suspicion that is the problem.
Tested on 2 devices in both English and Russian:
1) Weekly ROM with Xiaomi Account.
2) Stable ROM without Xiaomi Account.
Works on both.

Tested on 2 devices in both English and Russian:
1) Weekly ROM with Xiaomi Account.
2) Stable ROM without Xiaomi Account.
Works on both.
Weekly on Umi? It's probably a model-related issue. As I said, it happens on factory reset with no apps installed. What info can I provide to find a solution?
I didn't find something useful in logs too.

Attachments

• log.zip
    219.4 KB · Views: 63
Weekly on Umi? It's probably a model-related issue. As I said, it happens on factory reset with no apps installed. What info can I provide to find a solution?
I didn't find something useful in logs too.
I don't have that device. This can't be a model-related issue. The Calendar app has nothing model-specific. I'm not sure what to say.

I don't have that device. This can't be a model-related issue. The Calendar app has nothing model-specific. I'm not sure what to say.
But it can be app version-specific. Different models have quite different versions of app. Your devices have Calendar v12.6.13? If it isn't, then app working on your devices is not related, I guess.
But there is another weird issue with calendar provider also: if I clear data of "Calendar Storage" app, then MIUI Calendar stops to see Google Account until I install Google Calendar. So I guess smth is broken in calendar or provider.

Just give me a direction where to dig, if you or your team can. If you want, I can test smth to resolve this.

Last edited:
Incorrect. Many of the system apps are added/updated/replaced by us, and Calendar is one of them.
Then this can be a problem if you put newest (comparing to other system apps, you're not updating) version into old device (in which Xiaomi is already stopped updating apps, like they didn't even gave an option to remove system apps as they implemented in new devices).

So can you tell me version of com.android.providers.calendar (mine is 13.0.0.2) pls?

Then this can be a problem if you put newest (comparing to other system apps, you're not updating) version into old device (in which Xiaomi is already stopped updating apps, like they didn't even gave an option to remove system apps as they implemented in new devices).

So can you tell me version of com.android.providers.calendar (mine is 13.0.0.2) pls?
It's 13.0.0.1 on both.

Reactions: schqual