Mi11Lite5G loops into fastboot after EU.rom install

Pflaume

Members
Oct 23, 2016
Hi Xiaomi.eu community,

Firstly, avid fan of your work, I am running Xiaomis since 2015 and always rely on you guys to give me a kickass custom rom.

This brings me to my current issue, I got a new Mi11Lite5G and ran into some issues I hadn't previously encountered. Let me give a quick step by step what I did, (keeping it brief for the intro, can go into more details on each). Just FYI, other than having done this before and being generally tech and search savvy, I have 0 expertise or knowledge on this, so bare with me if I am a tool at some points.

1. Unlocked phone with MiUnlock (waited the 160 hours).
2. Activated debugging etc and gave my PC permanent access
3. Attempted to flash twrp.img (via adb, command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"), but got this error message: "FAILED (remote: (recovery_b) No such partition)". That was a first for me. I did some googling (ended here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/can-i-change-the-boot-slot-from-fastboot-with-a-command.3977207/ ) and checked the slot with "fastboot getvar current-slot" which returned b.
4. I then flashed TWRP with this command "fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img". Then I reboot and TWRP came up.
5. I had previously copied the weekly .zip onto the phone storage. I went straight to install and installed the rom via TWRP menu. Then reboot.
6. On reboot, I briefly get the first Mi load screen, but then it immediately bumped me into fastboot. I couldnt get either TWRP or anything else up.
7. After some more googling I eventually figured out that the "fastboot getvar current-slot" returned I was set on a. I set it back to b, "fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img" and I was back in TWRP.
8. I wanted to try and reinstall the rom. But realised that the "mount" didnt really work anymore, it showed up on PC but I couldn't copy anything there. Google.
9. Eventually managed to push the rom files to "data" partition with "adb push mi11weekly.zip /data/". I tried installing rom again, but basically the same thing keeps happening.
10. Thats pretty much where I am now. I am able to get into TWRP and push roms to phone, but the rom always ends in a "fastboot loop" until I get back to TWRP. I tried some things here and there (switching from a to b part for install etc). but basically just ******* around aimlessly. Weird was I tried to also install a stable rom, but it basically just restarts TWRP the moment I swipe for wipe.

I am out of ideas at this point, and would appreciate any help or guidance. Happy to elaborate on any point in more detail if necessary.

Thanks!
Toni

Hi,
thanks for the fast reply, I tried this twice now, but whenever I restart after the install and wipe the phone just goes to fastboot again.

What ROM are you trying to install? If a weekly ROM, did you really do Format Data (not wipe data)?

Stable MI 11 Lite 5G is a 2 month old version which is installed in fastboot.
OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
- If you are on windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ROM for TWRP is currently available in a weekly version.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Yes I did, including the yes type.

Edit: do you think it could have something to do with the fact that I changed the active slots? That because I am on slot B, maybe it doesnt wipe the right thing or something?

I could also make pictures with my old phone of each step and what the logs show if that would be helpful?

use.. fastboot boot twrp.img instead of flash. then format not wipe, copy rom to phone and install it
Just tried, same result. Install is successful but after I just go to fastboot screen after a short "mi boot screen", same problem.

No error messages during the rom install, but I got these 3 error messages during the format (not wipe):

failed to mount "/system_ext" (invalid argument)
failed to mount "/product" (invalid argument)
failed to mount "/vendor" (invalid argument)

If your device can't boot, that's because the "data" partition is not correctly formatted. ;)

You can try to format the data partition in Fastboot mode (with a computer) using the "fastboot format userdata" command then reboot your device when it's done. :)

If your device can't boot, that's because the "data" partition is not correctly formatted. ;)

You can try to format the data partition in Fastboot mode (with a computer) using the "fastboot format userdata" command then reboot your device when it's done. :)
I just tried that (put phone in fastboot, checked device is connected in cmd, entered command line) and got this error message:
CreateProcess failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
error: Cannot generate image for userdata

Can I format it properly via TWRP?

Thanks again for the support from everyone btw!

I just tried that (put phone in fastboot, checked device is connected in cmd, entered command line) and got this error message:
CreateProcess failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
error: Cannot generate image for userdata

Can I format it properly via TWRP?

Thanks again for the support from everyone btw!
In TWRP, try to use "Format Data" button 5 times in a row then reboot your device. :)

If no result, you can also try to boot on a "boot.img" file that comes from an Official ROM (fastboot ROM) + hold "Volume Up" button of your device to boot in Mi Recovery then use "Wipe Data" button. ;)

In TWRP, try to use "Format Data" button 5 times in a row then reboot your device. :)

If no result, you can also try to boot on a "boot.img" file that comes from an Official ROM (fastboot ROM) + hold "Volume Up" button of your device to boot in Mi Recovery then use "Wipe Data" button. ;)
I tried both, no progress. With TWRP I get the same fastboot.

I tried to use a boot.img from official rom, entered command "fastboot boot boot.img" but then even if I hold the volume up key (also tried with power key) I just keep getting looped to fastboot screen. Do I need to flash the mi recovery again maybe?

What ROM are you trying to install? If a weekly ROM, did you really do Format Data (not wipe data)?

Stable MI 11 Lite 5G is a 2 month old version which is installed in fastboot.
OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
- If you are on windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ROM for TWRP is currently available in a weekly version.
I also tried to install the stable via the windows OS command. Again, everything goes smoothly, no error messages but still I get the fastboot as only thing that comes up after boot.

I tried both, no progress. With TWRP I get the same fastboot.

I tried to use a boot.img from official rom, entered command "fastboot boot boot.img" but then even if I hold the volume up key (also tried with power key) I just keep getting looped to fastboot screen. Do I need to flash the mi recovery again maybe?
Try to install an Official fastboot ROM via Mi Flash tool (use "clean all" option and not "clean all & lock" of course...).

If your device still can't boot to System, then contact an "EDL Unbrick" paid service via Telegram (@*spam*paid*service*).

Strictly follow this guide after that your device is working fine on an Official ROM: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-for-mi11-pro-ultra-lite-5g-using-twrp.62738/

;)

Try to install an Official fastboot ROM via Mi Flash tool (use "clean all" option and not "clean all & lock" of course...).

If your device still can't boot to System, then contact an "EDL Unbrick" paid service via Telegram (@*spam*paid*service*).

Strictly follow this guide after that your device is working fine on an Official ROM: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-for-mi11-pro-ultra-lite-5g-using-twrp.62738/

;)
Hi,
I downloaded newest flash tool here: https://www.xiaomiflash.com/download/

Then installed, started with admin privileges. Then I get asked to install drivers. I hit OK and then get this error message (and loggs attached). What should I do?

1631860377223.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Pflaumenschnapps\Downloads\MiFlash20181115\log\miflash@2021917.txt'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at XiaoMiFlash.code.Utility.Log.Installw(String installationPath, String msg)
at XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.MiDriver.InstallDriver(String infPath, String installationPath, Boolean uninstallOld)
at XiaoMiFlash.code.bl.MiDriver.InstallAllDriver(String installationPath, Boolean uninstallOld)
at XiaoMiFlash.form.DriverFrm.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XiaoMiFlash
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Pflaumenschnapps/Downloads/MiFlash20181115/XiaoMiFlash.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MiUSB
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Pflaumenschnapps/Downloads/MiFlash20181115/MiUSB.DLL
System.Management
Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi,
I downloaded newest flash tool here: https://www.xiaomiflash.com/download/

Then installed, started with admin privileges. Then I get asked to install drivers. I hit OK and then get this error message (and loggs attached). What should I do?
Hello, follow this guide to install Xiaomi drivers: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/problems-with-updating.61957/post-616357

And you don't really need to use Mi Flash tool, you can run "flash_all.bat" file inside Official fastboot ROMs to flash your device. :)

;)

Hello, follow this guide to install Xiaomi drivers: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/problems-with-updating.61957/post-616357

And you don't really need to use Mi Flash tool, you can run "flash_all.bat" file inside Official fastboot ROMs to flash your device. :)

;)
Okay thanks. Just to double check: for my Mi11Lite5G this is the right rom to try when you say official fastboot right? https://xiaomirom.com/en/download/mi-11-lite-5g-renoir-stable-V12.5.5.0.RKIEUXM/#europe-fastboot

Yes, that's a right ROM to try. ;)
I tried the flash with the Xiaomi Tool (found a workaround to the first error). but encountered this error duding the flash process. Screenshot and log attached.
1631865396949.png

Attachments

• c97e47d8@20219179445.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 162
I tried the flash with the Xiaomi Tool (found a workaround to the first error). but encountered this error duding the flash process. Screenshot and log attached.
This error is not important, flash is complete. ;)