Resolved [Mi2 - 3.4.28] Network Location not working

MasterTB

Members
Mar 20, 2012
As the title says, I'm on MIUI Android 3.4.28 and Network Location (location over Cellular) is not working.
Screenshots follow...
Screenshot_2013-05-02-09-34-37.pngScreenshot_2013-05-02-09-34-51.png

Yes but it's not a MIUI Android's fault. It's happening in the official build too.

OK back to .19 then. The problem is i don't remember if i've done a backup or not from that version ... :-?

Xiaomi is dropping the ball lately. Too many bugs and very little relevant fixes.

So anybody can confirm if the network location issue is addressed in this new version?.
Thanks in advance!

Check the miui rom 3.5.3 thread, I've been told to update using updater app not cwm as a fix....
Not done it yet

I've done some scripts cleanup, but I believe this stems from CWM.

Still looking though.

Maybe it's a gapps issue? Old data from V4 causing trouble?

I've got the same problem and its really annoying. I'm on 3.5.3
I've got a tracking app installed and now it's quite useless because the app only can find my phone when he's got a gps signal.

I've got the same problem and its really annoying. I'm on 3.5.3
I've got a tracking app installed and now it's quite useless because the app only can find my phone when he's got a gps signal.
try delete BaiduNetworkLocation.apk from system/app... it solved problem for me...

Reactions: StinkyPanda
Having two threads with same problem and greatly appreciated help is confusing!
I put in ipotbeaches update last night that seems to not have Baidu and it's still not fixed for me afraid

Still not tried full miiflash of 3.4.19-3.5.3
Not had enough time.

Just triple checked, BaiduNetworkLocation.apk is not present and still no location fix at mo

I'm investigating this still. Will let you all know. Mine takes about 15seconds to lock on, compared to 2sec now.

Ok thanks ipotbeaches, I might hold off on full flash. Haven't got time till later at least anyway!

Just want to add my experience with the issue... i'm using a i9100 with miui 3.5.31, i have this problem too and no baidunetworklocation.apk on the phone... hope it will be fixed soon