[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

I remembered someone's thread about shutdowns with the 3100 battery. So I ve tried the default battery and tested a lot getting this
u4ysamed.jpg

Same 1175mv default voltage for my pvs3 that shutted down the bigger battery wich I guess is becoming too old and not giving the necessary Watt. If anyone with a mi2s and big battery could test it, that would be great.

However, I don't understand how to lock frequencies.
When boots up, Trickster says max 1566 on my mi2s but antutu scores 29k
When I set max 1944 then score less.
When I set the permission trick lock 1944 returns to 29k.
Do I have to modify interactiveS everytime?

Regarding gpu clocks I noticed it too.
Maybe you could set 128 200 320 487 mhz fixing it and giving Oc at the same time.
Just suggesting, because I am not as good as you guys :(

Problem with new kernel features from Xiaomi is that they are not open-source.
Xiaomi is not updating their sources, currently MiCore sources are more complete then the sources released by Xiaomi.
So I can't add support for this alarm feature, although Xiaomi can maybe.

I understand. The interesting thing is that this feature stays disabled even if I flash the original kernel back: it seems like MIUI is able to check if kernel is the original one or not, and disables the feature if kernel is changed.
Can the cause of the problem be the new version 3.4.77 that you used?

I m interested to flash this kernel. But i have some queries. Are those issues mentioned in the OP still present with the latest 009 built? and i know this kernel only supports MIUI, not other rom. I have true dual boot enabled and currently running Mokee OS on system 1 and WIUI with stock Xiaomi kernel on System 2. If i flash this kernel or simply if i flash latest WIUI that has 009 built included in the second partion, will i be able to use Mokee OS in system 1, like now? Or after flashing i could only use MIUI or WIUI with this kernel?

I remembered someone's thread about shutdowns with the 3100 battery. So I ve tried the default battery and tested a lot getting this
u4ysamed.jpg

Same 1175mv default voltage for my pvs3 that shutted down the bigger battery wich I guess is becoming too old and not giving the necessary Watt. If anyone with a mi2s and big battery could test it, that would be great.

However, I don't understand how to lock frequencies.
When boots up, Trickster says max 1566 on my mi2s but antutu scores 29k
When I set max 1944 then score less.
When I set the permission trick lock 1944 returns to 29k.
Do I have to modify interactiveS everytime?

Regarding gpu clocks I noticed it too.
Maybe you could set 128 200 320 487 mhz fixing it and giving Oc at the same time.
Just suggesting, because I am not as good as you guys :(
It hasn't anything to do with the type of battery you use.
The stock voltages for pvs3 chips are just too low to be stable enough.
In the next release these will be increased a little.

I understand. The interesting thing is that this feature stays disabled even if I flash the original kernel back: it seems like MIUI is able to check if kernel is the original one or not, and disables the feature if kernel is changed.
Can the cause of the problem be the new version 3.4.77 that you used?
Well I already assumed it's not a kernel issue.
Maybe in the next releases of MIUI this feature will be enabled for us as well.
You could try to spoof the kernel version though.
/proc/sys/kernel/osrelease

I m interested to flash this kernel. But i have some queries. Are those issues mentioned in the OP still present with the latest 009 built? and i know this kernel only supports MIUI, not other rom. I have true dual boot enabled and currently running Mokee OS on system 1 and WIUI with stock Xiaomi kernel on System 2. If i flash this kernel or simply if i flash latest WIUI that has 009 built included in the second partion, will i be able to use Mokee OS in system 1, like now? Or after flashing i could only use MIUI or WIUI with this kernel?
Yes all the issues in the list are not solved yet, and some will never be solved.
It's the one of the other in this case.

Every system has it's own kernel. So if you flash MiCore on system2 you can still use Mokee on system1

I had the apparent data wipe with WIUI 4.24 that has your 008 kernel. After flashing your 009 kernel and following your detailed recovery instructions, I was able to recover my data partition successfully. Thank you very much for your work and for devising a way to fix this!

Don't use the standard profiles when you use this kernel. It won't help, just decrease the power of your phone. Just keep it at normal/balanced and you will get the best results.

I don't get what you mean. Should I use the battery balanced profile and not the high performance profile?

Well I already assumed it's not a kernel issue.
Maybe in the next releases of MIUI this feature will be enabled for us as well.
You could try to spoof the kernel version though.

Thanks for your answer, but I didn't understand. I'm already using this feature on stock kernel and it works good. It stops working if I change kernel. Maybe you mean that maybe it will be released for developers too with updated kernel source?

I'm facing a weird behaviour with v09m, when I run Antutu, the phone just switch off, but it's not a normal reboot, it's just stucks off till i remove battery and switch on again, and last time I tried I had 25% battery left and when I switched it on again plugged to charger the battery was totally flat, 0%.any idea?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

So here's something weird and interesting, the GPU isn't maxed out while charging.
vegavevu.jpg
uqerejy4.jpg

Swyped from my Mi2S

Profiles are tuned for this kernel.
See post #2
Hi Redmaner. I have not understood how should I set the profile in the stock battery profiles manager. High performance? Or balanced? I tried to change from high performance to balanced in the battery profiles settings and I checked if something changed in the CPU governor using trickster mod. But it always stays on interactiveS.

Any advice or help?

Thanks for your answer, but I didn't understand. I'm already using this feature on stock kernel and it works good. It stops working if I change kernel. Maybe you mean that maybe it will be released for developers too with updated kernel source?
What I mean is that this alarm feature will work for us (on MiCore) too in the future by a change in MIUI rom.

I'm facing a weird behaviour with v09m, when I run Antutu, the phone just switch off, but it's not a normal reboot, it's just stucks off till i remove battery and switch on again, and last time I tried I had 25% battery left and when I switched it on again plugged to charger the battery was totally flat, 0%.any idea?
Which phone do you have? Do you use 009m or 009oc. What is max frequency and do you use undervolting?

Hi Redmaner. I have not understood how should I set the profile in the stock battery profiles manager. High performance? Or balanced? I tried to change from high performance to balanced in the battery profiles settings and I checked if something changed in the CPU governor using trickster mod. But it always stays on interactiveS.

Any advice or help?
Normal and performance profile have the same CPU governor, only performance one is tuned for performance.
See post #2 for the exact details of every profile.

I'm returning to stock kernel. Setting battery profile to power saving but it lasts less than 10 hours, max cpu frequency keeps staying at 1.5 GHz, not 1.3 GHz as in the OP. No idea what makes the battery so bad, the battery use menu doesn't show detailed information.

hello to everyone, even if this is my first post I follow this forum for a long time.
first of all thank you Redmaner for your majestic work on this kernel, then I had the same problem of @oile on my PVS3 s600.
it seems that there isn't enough voltage.I tried to go over 1.175v(also with trickster mod) but seems that this is the maximum can be set.so at 1.9GHz I can't complete an AnTuTu test, because antutu crash when he test cpu float,then sometimes the phone reboots itself.
@redmaner is this a kernel voltage limitation? could you increase the voltage limit in order to make possible for us to run 1.9 ghz whitout crashes?

ps.:sorry for my bad english

I am having a very strange issue i am running miui stable jlb27 and when i flashed micore 009m i had a factory reset.I saw that you can fix it by running some commands in terminal.But every time i try to run them i get /data is clean.Is there a way to get my data back.Thank you.

hello to everyone, even if this is my first post I follow this forum for a long time.
first of all thank you Redmaner for your majestic work on this kernel, then I had the same problem of @oile on my PVS3 s600.
it seems that there isn't enough voltage.I tried to go over 1.175v(also with trickster mod) but seems that this is the maximum can be set.so at 1.9GHz I can't complete an AnTuTu test, because antutu crash when he test cpu float,then sometimes the phone reboots itself.
@redmaner is this a kernel voltage limitation? could you increase the voltage limit in order to make possible for us to run 1.9 ghz whitout crashes?

ps.:sorry for my bad english
Yes the voltage will be increased

I am having a very strange issue i am running miui stable jlb27 and when i flashed micore 009m i had a factory reset.I saw that you can fix it by running some commands in terminal.But every time i try to run them i get /data is clean.Is there a way to get my data back.Thank you.
Strange, don't know why you got a factory reset.
Don't even know if it works on stable MIUI versions.
Those commands are only for those who had a factory reset before.
You can only restore a backup

Which phone do you have? Do you use 009m or 009oc. What is max frequency and do you use undervolting?

009m, mi2s 32gb, I tried from 1.5 to 1.7ghz, same result, no UV, but it happens just with antutu, and antutu stability test works fine as well. I can run stable in UV though, probably it's just some problem with the app

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

I'm returning to stock kernel. Setting battery profile to power saving but it lasts less than 10 hours, max cpu frequency keeps staying at 1.5 GHz, not 1.3 GHz as in the OP. No idea what makes the battery so bad, the battery use menu doesn't show detailed information.
Indeed, battery life also isn't great for me since 009m. Yesterday my phone died after 11hours, while the stock kernel and 007m I would have had around 50% with the way I use my phone. About 008m I'm not sure, haven't tested that kernel very long, but I'm pretty sure battery life was also a lot better.

Same here.
In spite of undervolting my device the battery is almost down after 1 day daily use.
There was quite more with the stock kernel ..

I currently have very limited time due my study.
I need to setup a buisness in 10 weeks (fictional but executional).
So I have no time at the moment to improve this kernel nor debug some of the issues.

I recommend to switch back to stock or previous versions if you have issues you can't live with.

New releases will come when I found time

Weird.. I get frequent disconnected from my carrier network.
I need to activate airplane mode n deactivate it to reconnect my carrier.

Hi, redmaner. I am on your core 009m good battery saving on any firmware WIUI. Though 03.10.18, though 4.1.10, though 4.1.24 . Scripts from Wajk removed. All applications work fine. Antutu- 23002. Thanks for a great job.

I currently have very limited time due my study.
I need to setup a buisness in 10 weeks (fictional but executional).
So I have no time at the moment to improve this kernel nor debug some of the issues.

I recommend to switch back to stock or previous versions if you have issues you can't live with.

New releases will come when I found time
Good luck dude! ;)