Mi2 - Where to pre-order/buy?

felixfll

Members
Oct 16, 2012
No, I cannot get anything beyond 2G to work.
any update on getting m2 to work on 3g A&TT? looks like there are some for sale currently on ebay. would like to order one with the understanding that the device will be able to access 3g on At&T.

nieves53

Members
Oct 13, 2012
You guys now if m2 works on T-Mobile USA 3g or 4g network

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

felixfll

Members
Oct 16, 2012
@iBotPeaches, have you also tested Mi2 3G on Verizon, T-Mobile, etc?

It would be great to get it to work on 3G on either AT&T it tmobile in the states. Or perhaps even straight talk which uses the AT&T network. Once someone confirms 3G in the us please let us know :)

Reactions: cat_baxter

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
It would be great to get it to work on 3G on either AT&T it tmobile in the states. Or perhaps even straight talk which uses the AT&T network. Once someone confirms 3G in the us please let us know :)
How many people in America do you think have the phone? I'd venture to say less than 5. I have a tried a TMobile SIM and the problem was there as well.

Reactions: lekzzz

s1lverdrag0n

Members
Sep 27, 2012
How many people in America do you think have the phone? I'd venture to say less than 5. I have a tried a TMobile SIM and the problem was there as well.
Tmobile USA For sure will not work on 3G because it is different frequency (1700/2100) the Mi does not support 1700Mhz. AT&T is what I am worry about, do you by anyc hance have the LTE sim card?

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
Tmobile USA For sure will not work on 3G because it is different frequency (1700/2100) the Mi does not support 1700Mhz. AT&T is what I am worry about, do you by anyc hance have the LTE sim card?
I've tried everything. I got re-provisioned for LTE plan, 4G unlimited. Tried about 6 different SIMs from AT&T. No go. Xiaomi claims that -90dBm is too small to have a lock for 3G. Yet, that works fine my on NS & SGS3. So don't know what to say.

Your welcome to buy the phone and try yourself. I'm about to sell it to Pele, as I can't live with a phone stuck on Edge.

s1lverdrag0n

Members
Sep 27, 2012
I can't either, if this is the case maybe it is best for me to cancel the pre-order since edge is a POS nowaday.

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
Do the guys in Xiaomi know about this issue? Have you reported it? As I know they send fixes to the beta testers, right?
Yes. We are still working on it. Though, I account for .01% of the global MI2 market, so my issues take longer to get attention.

felixfll

Members
Oct 16, 2012
Yes. We are still working on it. Though, I account for .01% of the global MI2 market, so my issues take longer to get attention.
Thanks for what you are doing :) hopefully the issue is resolved. Really would like to see it work here in the states.

arinium

Members
Nov 8, 2012
Hi guys,

@iBotPeaches: Can you confirm if the Mi-2 has a memory card slot? I have read review and many say it does not have. I am weighing my options how to get one myself. A friend of mine flies to Shanghai once a month and told me he could look for one there. But I don't think it will be widely available in November yet so probably he should order it via a phone store and then pick it up when he'll visit Shanghai again.