Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I also unite myself to this struggle against reboots haha , miui 8 eu 3 restarts within 8-9 days while on standby , now I'm trying to use it with energy savings of " advanced" let's see , uptime 2h
Did you get reboot with wake lock enabled?

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Attachments

• 14247932_10205263280821177_298155051_o.jpg
    14247932_10205263280821177_298155051_o.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 222

have any kind of restart , with active enhanced mode and saving options miui developer with memory optimization set to " medium"

how many hours of screen? Can u post a screen please?
I cannot do anymore. The phone was quite hot with this kernel and I reinstalled 8.9.1 with official + wake lock.
I may retest from a fresh install, but I miss time for that.

I cannot do anymore. The phone was quite hot with this kernel and I reinstalled 8.9.1 with official + wake lock.
I may retest from a fresh install, but I miss time for that.

Could you try one more thing just to test?

This would be without using the wake lock app and stock rom.

Put you phone into performance mode and with kernel audiutor change the CPU governor back to interactive and the GPU governor back to msm-adreno-tz.

Thanks

After 1 month with Ivan Rom, free of reboots, yesterday I did a dirty flash to .eu 8.0.2 stable. Last night, less than 24h after flash it, I got a reboot while charging... :( I will try to catch some kernel log by usb in the next days.

After 1 month with Ivan Rom, free of reboots, yesterday I did a dirty flash to .eu 8.0.2 stable. Last night, less than 24h after flash it, I got a reboot while charging... :( I will try to catch some kernel log by usb in the next days.
Oh, mine 3 days using without reboot, wake lock manager doing it well, still tracking.

Stable 8.0.2.0 wake lock active, some battery drain on partial wake lock but no reboots after 200hr. Never got so far. I'll continue testing, I would consider it safe over 500hr

Reactions: manlysixpacks
Need first to make sure wake lock was well active.
Again, this is stable for many people, let s continue testing.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

You can't go wrong with it, the annoying notification cannot be removed once the wake-lock is active...

I just got another reboot on 8.0.2.

I have found on my phone report after cauch the reboot, this line:
<6>[ 1.531909] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f613ee00: PMIC@SID0: Power-off reason: Triggered from PMIC_WD (PMIC watchdog)

Can be useful?

EDIT:

Found:

msm: qpnp-power-on: print the power off reason

The PMIC power off reason is often very useful for debugging. By
printing the power off reason, testers can tell whether a shutdown
was a normal controlled shutdown by the MSM or a unexpected PMIC
shutdown.

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/444f1ca43e459a201003fd6d4bd7f903d4efdb1d^!/

Last edited:
Wake lock manager drains about 2% battery overnight, to me it's ok, about 5 day without reboot haha. MIUI v8 drains so much battery power than kitkat.