Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

jesuslg123

Members
Apr 11, 2016
Hi,

I have Xiaomi Mi4 LTE with latest stable Xiaomi.eu rom (7.3.2).

Mi phone has an issue with the navigations buttons, sometimes just one of them is one (the right one).

I am having ramdon reboots, always when the phone is on standby. After catch one of the reboots I have dump the logs and I have found this after power up.

<6>[ 0.000000] Powerup reason=0x11

<6>[ 77.328290] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f611ee00: hw_reset reason1 is 0x4
<6>[ 77.328312] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f611ee00: hw_reset reason2 is 0x0
<7>[ 77.328322] powerup_reason_show: pu_reason [0x11] index 0
<6>[ 77.370007] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f611ee00: hw_reset reason1 is 0x4
<6>[ 77.370028] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f611ee00: hw_reset reason2 is 0x0
<7>[ 77.370035] powerup_reason_show: pu_reason [0x11] index 0

Any idea about the reboots? It could be related with the fault lights module?

PLEASE VOTE THE ISSUE ON OFICIAL FORUMS: http://en.miui.com/thread-297457-1-1.html

Thanks,
Jesús.

Last edited:
looking forward for someone to explain this, because I've got the same situation. Mine is Mi4 LTE-CT, using official devrom 6.5.27. Thanks.

I had same weekly and had no reboots .. Never..
Did you wipe dalvik cache and data after local backup?..
I tried also the stable and had no reboots.. Remember I had problem with battery drain for "xiaomi services"..

I have MI4W with stable xiaomi.eu 7.3.3.0 and the same problems of random reboots while in standby.
Please tell me how you dumped the logs with the reason for reboot (a logcat app or similar?).

I actually moved to xiaomi.eu from cyanogenmod because I had these reboots in cyanogenmod 13 and I was hoping to avoid them with a stable release.

Same here, my Mi4 is running 7.3.3 xiaomi.eu rom and it's automatically reboot when being idle (charging or screen-off), it happens occasionally and lots of my friends are facing this issue on android 6.0 rom - 7.3.2 and 7.3.3. I tried wiping cache and davil but it didn't work. Any suggestions bros?

Same here, my Mi4 is running 7.3.3 xiaomi.eu rom and it's automatically reboot when being idle (charging or screen-off), it happens occasionally and lots of my friends are facing this issue on android 6.0 rom - 7.3.2 and 7.3.3. I tried wiping cache and davil but it didn't work. Any suggestions bros?

same issue with Mi4 wcdma 3/16 with MIUI8, back to 7.2.11 today for testing. I'll keep an eye on this thread, I need one week or two to confirm if stability can be achieved or not with 7.2.11, unless somebody has already exprerience with this release. I feel 7.3, 7.4, 8 of MIUI are affected.
Note that I see around 3 Mi4 3/16 affected WHILE 2 Mi4 3/64 are not.

same issue with Mi4 wcdma 3/16 with MIUI8, back to 7.2.11 today for testing. I'll keep an eye on this thread, I need one week or two to confirm if stability can be achieved or not with 7.2.11, unless somebody has already exprerience with this release. I feel 7.3, 7.4, 8 of MIUI are affected.
Note that I see around 3 Mi4 3/16 affected WHILE 2 Mi4 3/64 are not.
I tried enabling Ram optimization but no hope. I dun wanna degrade to 7.1.5 :'(. Please help us fix this issuse. Lots of friend in my group confirmed this issue with xiaomi.eu rom version :'(.

to your knowledge are the affected devices OK with kitkat ? (so far seems 64GB models are not affected, only 16GB ?)
any idea when this bad behavior started ? are the official global roms also affected or just xiaomi.eu ?
Any idea on how to dump enough debug info ?

to your knowledge are the affected devices OK with kitkat ? (so far seems 64GB models are not affected, only 16GB ?)
any idea when this bad behavior started ? are the official global roms also affected or just xiaomi.eu ?
Any idea on how to dump enough debug info ?

I started with Marshmallow dev rom directly, so no idea about 4.4. I have seen the issue on 7.3.x
To create a crash report, tap 6 times, maybe more, over CPU information on settings->device info. I have detected a few times the phone rebooting so I did it just after reboot the phone.

I started with Marshmallow dev rom directly, so no idea about 4.4. I have seen the issue on 7.3.x
To create a crash report, tap 6 times, maybe more, over CPU information on settings->device info. I have detected a few times the phone rebooting so I did it just after reboot the phone.

OK, for info I am now testing 7.2.11 (so just before the 7.3 you mention), I will update my findings here.

did you submitted your log as bug on en.miui.com to have also official developpers investigating ?

did you submitted your log as bug on en.miui.com to have also official developpers investigating ?
No, but I will try it today. I got a new crash report today after ramdom reboot. I hope < 7.3.x it works better :)

Do you have any hardware issues in your phone? Almost since I got the phone the backlights of the buttos does not works propertly.... I'm not sure if is related but I will send it to repair after summer...

No, but I will try it today. I got a new crash report today after ramdom reboot. I hope < 7.3.x it works better :)

Do you have any hardware issues in your phone? Almost since I got the phone the backlights of the buttos does not works propertly.... I'm not sure if is related but I will send it to repair after summer...

I am in a particular situation with this mi4 as I managed to install many ... see:
2 Mi4 3/64 wcdma one for me, one for my son ... never got any reboot now in 7.3.2 or in any rom (one year old). I am using one in MIUI8 alpha as I am in alpha team global.
1 Mi3 2/64 for my daughter (one reboot in 7.3.1, probably due to dammaged sim tray, changed now (complete casing change) running 6.5.26 since 10 days with no reboot), device is one year old.
3 Mi4 3/16 wcdma installed for work mates (I still have one with me now testing 7.2.11 carefully as all 3 are facing reboot issues), they are 2 months old.

So I beleive there is a hardware sensitivity on 16GB versions as your LTE has also the same memory, it could also be the battery that the 3 3/16 we have are supplied with samsung made batteries instead of sony for the older models.

Reactions: jesuslg123
I am in a particular situation with this mi4 as I managed to install many ... see:
2 Mi4 3/64 wcdma one for me, one for my son ... never got any reboot now in 7.3.2 or in any rom (one year old). I am using one in MIUI8 alpha as I am in alpha team global.
1 Mi3 2/64 for my daughter (one reboot in 7.3.1, probably due to dammaged sim tray, changed now (complete casing change) running 6.5.26 since 10 days with no reboot), device is one year old.
3 Mi4 3/16 wcdma installed for work mates (I still have one with me now testing 7.2.11 carefully as all 3 are facing reboot issues), they are 2 months old.

So I beleive there is a hardware sensitivity on 16GB versions as your LTE has also the same memory, it could also be the battery that the 3 3/16 we have are supplied with samsung made batteries instead of sony for the older models.
That's right, my phone has Samsung battery and 16G memory. So is this a hardware issue? not rom problem??? Randomly reboot just happens when your phone is idle, not when u're using. Check the up time status and the ram-free you will see.

That's right, my phone has Samsung battery and 16G memory. So is this a hardware issue? not rom problem??? Randomly reboot just happens when your phone is idle, not when u're using. Check the up time status and the ram-free you will see.

OK, so we well have the battery brand that could be suspect. we need more testing before incriminating the rom but as said I have 1Mi3 2/64 and 2 mi4 3/64 with no reboot . At first I suspected some mi4 recent redesign that could have a faulty component, this is still what I have in mind. No worry, I have a non samsung battery new, if my trial on 3/16 version with 7.2.11 fails before next monday I will replace it and append here. The funny about those batteries is that current gen is neither stamped sony nor samsung, see current mi4 replacement batteries on gearbest.com.

Reactions: jesuslg123
OK, so we well have the battery brand that could be suspect. we need more testing before incriminating the rom but as said I have 1Mi3 2/64 and 2 mi4 3/64 with no reboot . At first I suspected some mi4 recent redesign that could have a faulty component, this is still what I have in mind. No worry, I have a non samsung battery new, if my trial on 3/16 version with 7.2.11 fails before next monday I will replace it and append here. The funny about those batteries is that current gen is neither stamped sony nor samsung, see current mi4 replacement batteries on gearbest.com.

There are some apps on google play that can be logging all data in background, if your phone is rooted it will get more information. I have set up on my phone (no root) to see if I can catch any reboot.

yes, you mean any logcat app ? WOuld probably help also, thanks to append if you have news.
On my side 7.2.11 is fine since 3 days now.

yes, you mean any logcat app ? WOuld probably help also, thanks to append if you have news.
On my side 7.2.11 is fine since 3 days now.
Nice 3 days no reboots! Finger cross. I got 1 today again, I have an avg of 1 per day.

I'm now using LogCat extreme I hope its help.

Nice 3 days no reboots! Finger cross. I got 1 today again, I have an avg of 1 per day.

I'm now using LogCat extreme I hope its help.
work mates made up to 5/6 days before facing random reboot, even if I finish the week (fingers crossed) I will have to continue the test ...

work mates made up to 5/6 days before facing random reboot, even if I finish the week (fingers crossed) I will have to continue the test ...

I also had 5/6 days without reboots, but others days I had twice, its completely random. Right now, yedterday 2 and today 1.

Last edited:
I noticed that if you turn off function ''scanning always available'' in wifi > advanced settings (do not let google services and other apps scan for network), the random reboot was gone! So weird!