Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

A while back I said that I had frequent reboots when I had bad network coverage... Maybe it's releated to radio, not just bad network signal.

I've come to that conclusion.

Just to recapitulate, you had no reboots on KitKat and have had reboot ever since the very first Miui betas based on MM?

It's to try downgrading and testing basedbands.

Yes, correct. someone said that there's a specific kk version that reboots... Could we check if that's a rom with a different radio/baseband from the previous ones?

Yes, correct. someone said that there's a specific kk version that reboots... Could we check if that's a rom with a different radio/baseband from the previous ones?

When we were updated to MM the baseband version was also upgraded from v3 to v4.

I got 1 reboots on ivan rom, 2 days ago, 1 week after flash it, same day i changed the network mode.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Well it looks like I've captured a reboot, at least I hope so. Set it went to sleep and it recorded a few hours. I saw the phone was rebooted in the morning, it's almost on a 24 hour cycle... Tbh I don't know if this log will help at all.

Oh and keep in mind this is on custom xiaomi.eu 7.1.5.0. KK so the devs at official might not consider it.

So what i was saying is does 7.1.2.0 have different baseband than 7.1.5.0? Apparently reboots are present with the latter but not with the First One. They're both KK

Yes I'm thinking the same, .eu 7.1.5.0 KK is based on dev rom 6.3.31 which is far later version to official 7.1.2.0, perhaps baseband was already updated then. For example just one earlier version .eu 7.1.3.0 KK is based on dev rom 6.1.7, this is a big leap in versions.

And if indeed it's network related, the device not rebooting when there's no active sim kind of makes sense.

Also I just got a reboot about an hour ago during idle on 7.5.3.0 over official china 7.5.6.0.

All three devices, Mi3, Mi4W & Mi4LTE, share the same baseband and most affected devices are the LTE model.

Nobody seems to be complaining about reboots on CM13 and Mi3/Mi4W devices.

Is there a way to check 7.1.5.0 baseband without installing it?

By the way even if we conclude that that's the problem we can't fix it and we can't directly comunicate with the engineer working on it, so...

Just flashed 7.1.5.0 NON-HLOS.bin over fastboot while running 6.8.4 and the version is the same as on 7.1.2.0 :(

My Mi4C arrives this week so I personly throw in the towel as I can't do anything else to help.

One of the guys that could probably debug this quick and professionally is the CM dev working on the Mi3/Mi4W.

Last edited:
Just checked all 3 NON-HLOS.bin files for official 7.1.2.0 and .eu 7.1.3.0 and 7.1.5.0. All 3 have the same baseband version it seems.

edit: 7.5.6.0 for example has v4

Reactions: Gingernut
Just flashed 7.1.5.0 NON-HLOS.bin over fastboot while running 6.8.4 and the version is the same as on 7.1.2.0 :(

My Mi4C arrives this week so I personly throw in the towel as I can't do anything else to help.

Damn. Well thanks anyway for helping...

Just checked all 3 NON-HLOS.bin files for official 7.1.2.0 and .eu 7.1.3.0 and 7.1.5.0. All 3 have the same baseband version it seems.

edit: 7.5.6.0 for example has v4
So it's not the baseband the problem...

Strange thing that I noticed, regarding this issue:
I have 7.5.3 (Stable) and I also have reboots every now and than (~20-30h).
I noticed that sometimes after the reboot, the battery will drain pretty fast for the next couple of days, until the next reboot.
Today I noticed that after yesterday's random reboot the battery drains fast so I manually rebooted, and now the battery is OK.
You can actually see the different slope in the battery graph before and after the manual reboot...
Did anyone else encounter this issue?

Strange thing that I noticed, regarding this issue:
I have 7.5.3 (Stable) and I also have reboots every now and than (~20-30h).
I noticed that sometimes after the reboot, the battery will drain pretty fast for the next couple of days, until the next reboot.
Today I noticed that after yesterday's random reboot the battery drains fast so I manually rebooted, and now the battery is OK.
You can actually see the different slope in the battery graph before and after the manual reboot...
Did anyone else encounter this issue?

Same observations here, big battery hit after reboot and my lock screen wallpaper gets reset to default.

That's the reason it's v4

Reactions: giobooo
This sounds a lot like cache issues to me. My gf's reboot does around a 4% battery drain. You guys get a bigger drain?

This sounds a lot like cache issues to me. My gf's reboot does around a 4% battery drain. You guys get a bigger drain?

Got about a 15% drain last night after the reboot, the battery graph just drops straight down with no curve at all, but it finally recovers to normal without a reboot in my case.

Reactions: NOECUBI
Has anyone tried deleting the battery stats file after a fresh flash so it gets rebuilt?

The drop in battery percentage is not consistent with the battery level. If battery level before reboot was 80 and after it drops to 70 it takes hours to drop from 70 to 69.

That's really weird. Well if someone wants to play with battery stats there are plenty of guides online but it's dangerous and has to be done precisely.

edit: Oh nevermind then :D